Advice Request Do you use 'classic' MS Paint?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you use 'classic' MS Paint?

• I still use 'classic' MS Paint (general use)

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • I'm a speed painter with 'classic' MS Paint

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't use it, but don't mind it either

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Doubt this is new, but only noticed today in the April 2018 Update (Windows 10).

After reading this Product Alert, does this mean it's going to be replaced with a clumsy Paint version?

Or remain desktop-styled like Spotify and iTunes, but pushed via Microsoft Store? Don't need another Paint 3D app.

What's the Estimated date of removal?
Will MS release more updates and make it bloated?

Edit: used classic Paint to post this screenshot.

1525456859624.png

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I don't know why Microsoft took this step.
Because you can't move forward by going back. Classic MS Paint has been here for a very long time now and Microsoft is trying to give a whole new structure and view to Windows (you can see this with April Update, new Windows Security System, layout, design and general interfaces). Classic Paint is one of those programs which tie you to Windows XP or similar. Techincally, a re-design was needed. Paint was part of the "old-school". Nevertheless, they could have thought about something better than Paint 3D, since most users do not need such thing.

Reactions: Weebarra

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
@RoboMan With Paint 3D, Microsoft is trying to create a tool that will also attract professional users. Unfortunately, none of the professional ones want to use it. And I don't want to use it too, because it's too complicated. It is designed for drawing and not for the quick editing of small things.
I use Paint to mark something, not to quickly take out my graphics tablet and create art.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@RoboMan With Paint 3D, Microsoft is trying to create a tool that will also attract professional users. Unfortunately, none of the professional ones want to use it. And I don't want to use it too, because it's too complicated.
I use Paint to mark something, not to quickly take out my graphics tablet and create art.
Maybe they're trying to create something for what they can charge in the near future

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think I'll take a look at Paint.net :)
Paint.NET from the website download is Free, but the one from Microsoft Store isn't, but it on the other hand it does support the Developer's time and effort.

@askalan I don't use Paint 3D either because I only have a non-touch screen laptop with a mouse and keyboard. The Microsoft TV Ads only feature the Surface-range, which when looking at the specs, they're a bit too expensive. *buys iPhone X*

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I'm assuming i use classic although when i look at it's name, it says paint.ink, but it was built into Windows 7 so i have no idea really which version it is :unsure:

I think I'll take a look at Paint.net :)
I still use MS Paint. Use it for cropping and resizing images. Thats the only 2 things I know :LOL:

Me too ;)

and paste screenshots to save them :ROFLMAO:

(yes im old school ^^)

I did too until i realised it was quicker to use the snipping tool for screenshots, i had no idea what the snipping tool was until recently :giggle:

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I've been on Paint.NET for years. It's super functional tool. GIMP is just too clumsy and complicated, but Paint.NET is just right. It's powerful enough to make advanced graphics, but easy to use enough to use super fast on daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.