Advice Request Do you use COMODO Internet Security essentials? (tool to protect from Man-in-the-Middle attacks)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you use COMODO Internet Security essentials? (tool to protect from Man-in-the-Middle attacks)

• Yes

• No, it's not needed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Poll for COMODO users only. Do you use this tool, bundled with the firewall, to protect while shopping or online banking?
Does it work if one is not using COMODO SecureDNS?
internet.PNG

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
MITM attack is a serious security problem for public-key encryption systems. A mechanism widely used to avoid such attacks is the use of signed keys: if the key of User1 is signed by a third trusted part, which ensures the authenticity, User2 can be sure with a certain reliability, that the signed key is not an attempt of interception by a criminal. The use of signed keys, sometimes signed by a Certifying Authority (CA), is one of the main mechanisms used to secure web traffic (including HTTPS, SSL, or Transport Layer Security protocols).

Comodo will verify that the sites you're connected to, are using a trusted SSL certificate, however, the neglect of the certification authorities giving their approval to the correspondence between the identity information and the corresponding public keys, are an objective problem of these systems.

Not saying Comodo is not effective, but I think it is necessary to give some additional info.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Right now, I'm using it. I think it's Worth: it just uses 4 megs of ram.
Is this tool needed even if you are only using your private home wifi, or it's more useful when using a public wifi?
Is this tool similar to HTTPS Everywhere?

Glynn

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2017
I have it installed but i am not sure if it would work, because i am using cs settings, tempted to uninstall.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I have it installed but i am not sure if it would work, because i am using cs settings, tempted to uninstall.
It's not related in any way with COMODO Firewall. It should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.