Do you use Facebook?

A

Alkajak

Do I have it? Yes. It is a great way to store memories for yourself, friends and family. It is social media, but it doesn't have to be used as such. I like keeping up with my tech news on Facebook as well. Otherwise, do I like it? No, I hate it and I'm hating it more and more as time goes.

Recent updates that make you hate Facebook even more:
Android/iOS app confirmed to drain 20% of your total day's battery.
Android/iOS app has also added in a new clause to the TOS where they have the ability and the right to turn on your phone's microphone as you make a status update. It listens in on any conversation, background noise, or background music to study why and what caused you make your status update.

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
Of course I do! Proud to be addicted to it.:D

And to all the security geeks who avoid social media for privacy reasons, I have learned from you that the best security solution is common sense, common sense is the best privacy setting on social media too!
Facebook (and Twitter) serves several purposes. While keeping in touch with family/friends is still the most common reason for being on Facebook, more and more people nowadays get news from Facebook. A recent Pew poll has shown that social media is the number one source for news about the US 2016 election among 18-29 year-old Americans. The 2016 Presidential Campaign – a News Event That’s Hard to Miss

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've used Facebook and other social networking sites by numerous reasons

1) Projects, deadlines and other announcements in our school post on their Facebook Page or Groups
2) News on the current events both local and international.
3) Checking the insights of people on who they commented on the certain issues
4) Socialization on some of my friends.

Privacy is a long term problem, but no worries cause I didn't commit any crime neither.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I used to visit Facebook mainly because Angry Birds worked much more smoothly there than when installed on our old Dell tower. Today, I've marked "Yes" as technically I'd logged onto Facebook months ago (possibly to enter a giveaway) by popping on then off again which felt like being caught in the bathroom after a shower but :eek:without a towel!:p I enter more giveaways here using :pTwitter which is noticeably quicker, yet prefer spending time here:cool: rather than on either of the social media giants. Trust is a big deal.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.