Does comodo internet security offer good enough protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
sorry i just figured since you where using it you said " have been for quite a while" you would know

i did not mean to disrespect or question you on anything i was just wondering

also i'm sorry if your having a bad day and hope it gets better

:)

James

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
It's unfortunate you did not understand my analogy, Amiga.

No hard feelings tho. :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Trust yourself and not a security product... That's my philosophy. Of course if you are experienced user.
For example, if you have BitDefender Free Antivirus protecting your Windows XP, probably the most security decisions are made by BitDefender, as it has almost no options to configure.

Comodo is one of the most configurable programs and hardly anything will be able to run on your computer without you knowing. If you configure it right.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I saw where Comodo is offering one "Comodo dollar" for every install of Comodo that one's fellows installs. I am not saying it is a great deal, but I like the way they are thinking.

I set up the firewall to SAFE MODE "no pop-ups" (block untrusted), and I have every box checked except for the 6th, 7th and 8th box moving down the firewall window.

Heuristics to HIGH

HIPS to "safe mode"

BB to "detect shell code injections" (only bottom box is checked)
I recommend that you set it to "auto-sandbox" UNTRUSTED

All sandboxing is shut down since I use Sandboxie along side.

Should be really quiet and very effective this way. Even with pop-ups allowed from HIPS, it is still not a nagger.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Gnosis said:
I saw where Comodo is offering one "Comodo dollar" for every install of Comodo that one's fellows installs. I am not saying it is a great deal, but I like the way they are thinking.

Competition is big, and it's getting bigger. This move can or cannot be considered as they are losing the users maybe?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I don't know that they are losing customers. They do have quite a cult following, so I guess they are just trying to get it more mainstream. I am sure there market is small compared to Avast, or AVG, etc.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Yep... They were probably introduced the "Comodo Dolar" when Amiga uninstalled Comodo for the first time :D

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Gnosis said:
I don't know that they are losing customers. They do have quite a cult following, so I guess they are just trying to get it more mainstream. I am sure there market is small compared to Avast, or AVG, etc.
around 70 million of users, around 3 million new installations per months. You are right, it's still smaller than AVG AVIRA Avast!

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I ditched kaspersky and now back with comodo internet security.

I

illumination

spywar said:
around 70 million of users, around 3 million new installations per months. You are right, it's still smaller than AVG AVIRA Avast!

Im curious to know how they come about these numbers, if it is just installations alone, it may not mean new consumers, as i know many that run into issues and have to reinstall, not to mention ever time there is a "major" over haul, the rule of thumb is a fresh install ect..

70 million users and 3 million new each month would be adding up quickly..

Raider Red

Level 2
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
Amiga500 said:
I ditched kaspersky and now back with comodo internet security.

There you go! KIS slows down my pc so I went back to CIS also, which has always been light! I use Chirons settings and feel quite safe; just the firewall alone lets you sleep well at night! I appreciate your question though because I like other's opinions, except on Wilders (LOL). And BTW, it's good enough for the gals I go with!

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
illumination said:
spywar said:

Im curious to know how they come about these numbers, if it is just installations alone, it may not mean new consumers, as i know many that run into issues and have to reinstall, not to mention ever time there is a "major" over haul, the rule of thumb is a fresh install ect..

70 million users and 3 million new each month would be adding up quickly..
IDK active users or number of installs...
But CIS has been released few years ago, it's still a young product compared to others, it still need time to mature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.