Question Does KTS firewall block Windows Firewall?

Kaspersky
9 Replies 1,172 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.
Yes, Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) firewall can override and disable Windows Firewall to avoid conflicts and manage your system's security more efficiently.
 
Yes, Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) firewall can override and disable Windows Firewall to avoid conflicts and manage your system's security more efficiently.
How do I block an .exe's network activity only? Outgoing and incoming.
 
How do I block an .exe's network activity only? Outgoing and incoming.
In KTS, go to Settings > Protection > Firewall > Configure application rules. Choose the .exe file and set 'Block' for both 'Incoming' and 'Outgoing' network activity.
 
In KTS, go to Settings > Protection > Firewall > Configure application rules. Choose the .exe file and set 'Block' for both 'Incoming' and 'Outgoing' network activity.
So if I have an .exe's outgoing traffic blocked in Windows Firewall but doesn't have it explicitly blocked in KTS, then is it blocked ultimately, or not?
 
So if I have an .exe's outgoing traffic blocked in Windows Firewall but doesn't have it explicitly blocked in KTS, then is it blocked ultimately, or not?
If KTS Firewall is active and Windows Firewall is disabled (which usually happens when KTS is installed), the rules set in Windows Firewall won't apply. You need to set the blocking rule in KTS for it to take effect.
 
If KTS Firewall is active and Windows Firewall is disabled (which usually happens when KTS is installed), the rules set in Windows Firewall won't apply. You need to set the blocking rule in KTS for it to take effect.
How do I know if Windows Firewall is disabled or not?
 
How do I know if Windows Firewall is disabled or not?
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall. On the left, if you see "Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off" and it's greyed out, it means it's disabled. If not, you can manually check the settings.
 
@harlan4096 Can I script the blocking of certain .exe's outgoing and incoming network activity in KTS? I know for Windows Defender I could use -netsh advfirewall and similar commands, but what about KTS?
 
Hum 🤔 I think K. does not have any available command to control the firewall:

1739862782824.png
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top