Advice Request Does using a Secure DNS conflict with a VPN?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am to revert back to Avast Premier as primary protection, however, since I have Windscribe VPN Windows client installed, I want to ask about if there will be any conflicts between using Avast's Secure DNS with an active VPN client?

About Secure DNS | Link
About Windscribe VPN | Link

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If they don't do routing so for example you can always access BBC iPlayer from all locations it will not matter. Even if they do if it's not something you use it will not affect the vpn in any other way.

EDIT: Assuming they use openvpn. From my google search i saw that they do but maybe they also have other ways.

OpenVPN Config Generator - Windscribe

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I don't see how there " won't " be any issues.
If you do try it let us know how that goes Spawn
I am doing it for years buddy but on another vpn provider(still openvpn) without issues. Assuming this vpn always does openvpn and doesn't have any other weird stuff then i can 100% confirm it will not affect anything.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just for info

Reply on DNS Spoofing(Hijacking) from Windscribe:

When you are connected to Windscribe, you use the node itself as the DNS server, which is only available over the tunnel, which would make DNS spoofing impossible.

---------------------------------
Yegor Sak
Founder
Windscribe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.