Advice Request Does Windscribe VPN log your activity or anything from you?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I find the language obnoxious too but the implication behind said language arguably isn't incorrect:
https://cdt.org/files/2017/08/FTC-CDT-VPN-complaint-8-7-17.pdf
My criticism has nothing to do with Yegor moaning about Hotspotshield, it's the language he used to do it. He is representing a commercial organisation, not having a laugh with mates in a bar. Imagine if, say, Eugene Kaspersky used similar language when criticising a competitor. He would be crucified by the media.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
All VPNs are just tools created by a big conspiracy made by an international consortium of secret agencies to bet and trap potential criminals, all datas are in fact decrypted and analyzed by a dedicated program when they reach their shadow servers, and your IP being used to pinpoint your location.

"paranoia? because i worth it"

itwt
Freakin' illuminati watching me access the US version of Netflix... while in the UK. Secret police will be kicking down my door and dragging me off to a black site any day now. :eek:

Imagine if, say, Eugene Kaspersky used similar language when criticising a competitor. He would be crucified by the media.
Very true.
I think it comes down to personal perspective though. I'm sure a lot of Windscribe users will find it hilarious. Others will find it childish. Ultimately those who are irked by his comments can choose not do business with him or his company.

D

Deleted member 178

Freakin' illuminati watching me access the US version of Netflix...
Templars my friend, Templars !!!!!

it is time for me to see that nothing is true, and start believing that everything is permitted :p

Rantman

Sep 11, 2018
Don't trust no VPN these days. Even the biggest names of the industry are keeping logs. I know one VPN for sure which doesn't keep logs and that's Ivacy. I have been using it around for quite some time and its a very decent service.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I'd say no. But you could also check Windscribes privacy policy or ask a question to the company directly on Twitter or their website!

Windscribe

~LDogg

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
It logs your logs the login information for the session you are logged in and data usage to prevent data hogs. Also just for that session. After you log out, everything gets deleted. But like most VPNs, Windscribe leases bandwidth from other internet providers and they might have their own backup solution running logging and storing everything.

Reactions: Andrew999
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.