Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hackers who claim to have cracked a Domino's Pizza database say they have stolen the details of more than 650,000 dough-loving customers.

The hacker group, going by the name of Rex Mundi, says the data will be released later today if the pizza chain fails to pay a ransom of €30,000 ($40,590, £23,930).

In a post on dpaste.de, the group said it had gained access to a customer database shared between Domino's France and Domino's Belgium which contains passwords and personal data belonging to customers who had previously registered for home deliveries:

Dear friends and foes,

Earlier this week, we hacked our way into the servers of Domino's Pizza France and Belgium, who happen to share the same vulnerable database. And boy, did we find some juicy stuff in there! We downloaded over 592,000 customer records (including passwords) from French customers and over 58,000 records from Belgian ones. That's over six hundred thousand records, which include the customers' full names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, passwords and delivery instructions. (Oh, and their favorite pizza topping as well, because why not).

Rex Mundi gave a deadline of 8pm CET (7pm BST) for Domino's to pay up, claiming that failure to do so would result in the posting of "the entirety of the data in our possession on the internet."

The hacking group also publicised its attack on Twitter (account now appear to be suspended), along with a message to the pizza chain's customers advising them to sue if Domino's failed to pay up.

To prove they have the database in their possession, the hackers published the names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and passwords of three customers from each of the two country sites.

And, if Domino's requires further proof that the group is serious, it need look no further than Americash Advance. In 2012 Rex Mundi published thousands of customer records after the payday lender chose not to hand over a $20,000 "idiot tax".

Read more: http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2014/06/16/dominos-pizza-hacked-customer-database-held-to-ransom/

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Hackers who claim to have cracked a Domino's Pizza database say they have stolen the details of more than 650,000 dough-loving customers.

The hacker group, going by the name of Rex Mundi, says the data will be released later today if the pizza chain fails to pay a ransom of €30,000 ($40,590, £23,930).

In a post on dpaste.de, the group said it had gained access to a customer database shared between Domino's France and Domino's Belgium which contains passwords and personal data belonging to customers who had previously registered for home deliveries:

Dear friends and foes,

Earlier this week, we hacked our way into the servers of Domino's Pizza France and Belgium, who happen to share the same vulnerable database. And boy, did we find some juicy stuff in there! We downloaded over 592,000 customer records (including passwords) from French customers and over 58,000 records from Belgian ones. That's over six hundred thousand records, which include the customers' full names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, passwords and delivery instructions. (Oh, and their favorite pizza topping as well, because why not).

Rex Mundi gave a deadline of 8pm CET (7pm BST) for Domino's to pay up, claiming that failure to do so would result in the posting of "the entirety of the data in our possession on the internet."

The hacking group also publicised its attack on Twitter (account now appear to be suspended), along with a message to the pizza chain's customers advising them to sue if Domino's failed to pay up.

To prove they have the database in their possession, the hackers published the names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and passwords of three customers from each of the two country sites.

And, if Domino's requires further proof that the group is serious, it need look no further than Americash Advance. In 2012 Rex Mundi published thousands of customer records after the payday lender chose not to hand over a $20,000 "idiot tax".

Read more: http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2014/06/16/dominos-pizza-hacked-customer-database-held-to-ransom/
looks like a firewall was bypassed and the hackers must have found a weakness in that firewall

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This upsets me, so bear with me while I rant in a silly way.;)

Why couldn't these hackers just ask for some free pizza & for security jobs?o_O Domino's could drop their pizza ransom off at an undisclosed site, still hot, and the hackers could become part of the cure while enjoying good will pizza.:p Then they could hack their hearts out for the side of good (or Umbra)! Then they could join MT, and promote Free Giveaway keys:) for six months of pizza:p without ransom.;)

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013

Why couldn't these hackers just ask for some free pizza & for security jobs?o_O Domino's could drop their pizza ransom off at an undisclosed site, still hot, and the hackers could become part of the cure while enjoying good will pizza.:p Then they could hack their hearts out for the side of good (or Umbra)! Then they could join MT, and promote Free Giveaway keys:) for six months of pizza:p without ransom.;)
:D:p

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Next on the list is a revenge hack on Pizza Hut, demanding a $30,000 "my pizza was cold" tax, followed by the group themselves being hacked by a particularly hungry security professional, demanding the group come and make him pizza for a month or get reported to the FBI (a.k.a the "we should have used a VPN tax").. ;)

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Love the babes!!:D:D

+1! those gals are absolutely hot! ;)

big lolz! :D
Probably they want something more? :D

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
now i want some pizza right now, man :D:D

Here..I have some for ya :p :D

images

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Next on the list is a revenge hack on Pizza Hut, demanding a $30,000 "my pizza was cold" tax, followed by the group themselves being hacked by a particularly hungry security professional, demanding the group come and make him pizza for a month or get reported to the FBI (a.k.a the "we should have used a VPN tax").. ;)
Cowpipe, this had me laughing my first chuckles of the day!:):p :D
..and then came the video..!
Here's what these hackers need to do: You Need To Work B***h

..and I didn't even notice what you'd written, Freddy, until after the video which just made me laugh more!!!:p

Love the babes!!:D:D

Indeed, with Avast set at *Hardened mode.;):p :D Lol..!!!:):D:D

+1! those gals are absolutely hot! ;)

big lolz! :D
Probably they want something more? :D

Yes, ...seems like the pizza's rather cold in comparison....ROFL!!!!:p:D:D:D

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Its hard to believe that these large companies do not have better Cyber Security.

marg, I wanted to share what my wife said, "She (marg) is probably rolling her eyes:rolleyes: because all the men are just drooling over it (the video)!!":):D
I have ordered pizza online from Dominoes several times and used both of my credit cards. I better contact my banks.

In my area Dominoes has the best pizza, I just wished their security was better. For now on I guess I will pay cash instead.

Thanks. :D

Before dragging myself back on topic (what was our topic again?:confused:) lol,:D;) ...
Littlebits, in the video, Britney & the girls could deliver your pizza, still hot, (..Koroke San can have some too) and they'd accept cash provided you give them MalwareTips because You are among the biggest MT Tippers!!;):p
"Thanks!:D" :):) :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.