Advice Request Download Accelerator/Manager

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I tried quite a few free download manager/accelerator.
FDM & Eagleget are bloat free i.e no additional softwares & are good.
All the others have additional softwares/ads or limited features.
But I liked IDA i.e Internet Download Accelerator.
During install it gives an option to install a software (guess its their own software) but the good part is, its Opt-In. It also gives an Opt-Out option for home page change to their site.
After install, everything was fine.
The only thing is the ads cannot be disabled but can be set to check in 3 days.
The download window also have ads on the upper bar but thats not a prob IMO.

"The best part of IDA is video download has option to download in HD, that can be preset & also can be changed in the download window, for the supported sites. Options like 1080p, 720p, 480p, 360p, MP3, etc."
Any other download manager has such option?

Anyone running IDA can tell me how often ads are served if set to check in 3 days & are they obtrusive?
Connection type/speed doesn't have my speed option i.e 4mbps so I have selected 20 mbps & above & no probs downloading, any adverse affect if I keep this selection?

How is DAM i.e Download Accelerator Manager?
I installed it & was a clean install i.e no additional softwares/ads, etc... Only minus point is the free version doesn't allows to set download speed more than 3x. The min speed is 1x & max 20x.
Dont know if the 3x speed will be fast enough.
Anyone running it?

glasswitch

Level 2
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Free is good- but it is worth paying for the best download manager and without a doubt it is Internet Download Manager. I have been using it for years and cannot fault it. Yes I have tried a lot of the free ones but always come back to IDM. That of course is my own experience and recommendation.

wajiman

Level 5
Verified
Jul 18, 2013
Free is good- but it is worth paying for the best download manager and without a doubt it is Internet Download Manager. I have been using it for years and cannot fault it. Yes I have tried a lot of the free ones but always come back to IDM. That of course is my own experience and recommendation.

same here

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
as long as they provide Free version why to hassle find the pro one
we're not using the Free or Pro but the apps, for this case no doubt
IDM is the best...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.