Download Free Windows XP End of Life Countdown Gadget

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There’s not all that much life left in Windows XP, and fact is that the pressure is mounting for those still on the aging operating system to migrate to a more recent iteration of the Windows client.

Microsoft is providing constant reminders that time is running out for the platform that hit store shelves back in 2001, and this week, the Redmond company started offering a new one.

The Windows XP End Of Support Countdown Gadget is now available free of charge through the Microsoft Download Center.

The resource’s label is pretty much self-explanatory, but the software giant also noted in its official description:

“Looking to get off Windows XP? Use this handy gadget to count down the number of days until Windows XP End of Support (EOS) in 2014.”

Softpedia

Well anyone who are interesting to know the countdown gadget just download.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Moved to a better fitting section. Why? Because this is not about XP. This is about a gadget developed by Microsoft that only works on Win7 & Vista and all it does is display when WinXP support expires. IMO, this geek humor.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
How childish.
XP is the best OS in existence, so counting down to the end of it should be a tear ridden event.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
XP was the best OS, until 7 was released. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Indeed XP survive from the modern OS, just an unforgettable experience from XP exist.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
elliot, you are still on XP, right? I will immediately install this gadget on my Win7 so I can precisely tell you how many days until support ends for your OS. :D I really can't imagine how the world would be without this wonderful gadget from Microsoft.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
On October 25, 2011 Microsoft will launch a beautiful Win7 screensaver with the following scrolling text: "WinXP is 10 years old".

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As I download that gadget its stated that 1082 days left. So its yet a long way to see before XP will cutoff.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
Build a bridge and get over it XP users. Your a dying breed. :D
I shall find a bug in 7 that will be so bad that everyone will be forced to go back to XP.
I have a windows 7 PC, but XP is still my favourite.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
:lolz: If you wish then good luck to find bugs in Win 7. :D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
It's quite incredible when you think about it, An OS that's 10 years old is still perfectly functional in today's world.

Lol pointless gadget though :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.