Other

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Download mangers

Mine will have to be the same as HeffeD I use DownThemAll in Firefox and in Internet Explorer I use Internet Download Manager, (yes I know you pay for it but that is what I use ;))

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
RE: Download mangers

personally i use internet download manager.......but there is also free alternative that i like which is very similar to IDM i.e. internet download accelerator.....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
About:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Download_manager

Comparisons IDM/IDA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_download_managers#General_information

I used to have DTA (DownThemAll) on Firefox back in the version 2-3 days.

I no longer use any.

I was thinking of submitting some ideas to Comodo, since they're the only company that could make one from the community, with some added benefits over other ones. For some Comodo users might enjoy. But you can probably guess what I'm getting at.

D

Deleted member 178

I'm using IDM too and Orbit before that, but i quit the last one because of its slow development and compatibility with firefox.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
free? never used any. though imo best dm is IDM. bought a lifetime license for 20 few years back and im really satisfied with it.

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
well i'm trying them

i tried IDM it's good but no need to Pay for something i can replace with free stuff
DAP is very Bad in my opinion

Orbit is cool and it has a software update detection feature so +1

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
ranget said:
Orbit is cool and it has a software update detection feature so +1

The software updater is very inaccurate. What I do after installing Orbit is that I go to the installation directory of Orbit and rename SoftUpdater.dll to anything else and that kills the software updater.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
For small files under 50MB, I just use Firefox's default downloader or FlashGot plugin. It always does a good job. For larger files, videos (youtube) and torrents, I use BitComet, it is extremely fast. BitComet supports all file types.

Thanks.:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I used BitComet back a few years ago (when I ran XP).

I wonder how much has changed, I remember they had some controversy issues.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:
I used BitComet back a few years ago (when I ran XP).

I wonder how much has changed, I remember they had some controversy issues.

BitComet has moved into becoming a full download manager not just a torrent client in the past. One of the best download managers that I have tried even supports Youtube and other online video sites.

The controversy in the pass was because BitComet was cheating uploads on torrents making it a leeching client, several private torrent sites ban BitComet because it was hurting their ratio. But for the users, BitComet was the fastest torrent download client, the leeching gave it extra download speed. ;) Those issues are fixed now, BitComet is accepted by most torrent sites.

Thanks.:D

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I prefer Internet Download Manager because it divides downloads into categories, resumes the download of these files and is compatible with many internet browsers, including Pale Moon.

Once I won Internet Download Manager.

Previously I used freeware GetGo Download, but it was compatible only with Firefox and Internet Explorer and it installed toolbar. Without this toolbar GetGo Download Manager not working correctly.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
For me FDM wins hands down. Although Orbit is great for video capturing FDM is faster and easier to use. In paid download managers i preffer DAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.