Download Ninja (new Internet download manager)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
CLEAN PC = MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE
So you've installed your machine from scratch again and now it's fast. Ever noticed that your PC becomes less and less responsive over time, less and less stable?

Every time you install new software on your PC you make it a bit heavier. Software installations modify dozens of files, registry entries, DLLs, and even browser toolbars. And these changes cannot always be undone, even during uninstallation.

http://www.cameyo.com/virtual-apps-for-personal

I agree with explanation they gave.

D

Deleted member 2913

Is it a Chinese product?
Nothing against Chinese product, just want to know the company info.

Reactions: user

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Is it a Chinese product?
Nothing against Chinese product, just want to know the company info.
I'm not sure there is no info about the developer, it looks like Asian (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Malaysian, etc.)
It is becoming a common practice for Asian developers to be anonymous.
I just know it is a very good product nothing suspicious that I can see.
There is a Contact Page where you can ask more about the developer.

Enjoy!! :D

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hi Guys,

I saw this thread in my Google Analytics and thought I'd say hello. I'm Mike and I'm the developer of DownloadNinja. For anyone interested I'm actually from the UK :)

First of all let me say thank you very much for all the great comments being left about DN on here, I only released it a couple of days ago and so far the response has been great!

I am currently working on a few general speed improvements and a couple of other bits and bobs (Scheduled Downloads, Separate Queues etc) but after that I'll be looking at video/media downloading too.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any comments or feedback, good or bad. I'll keep my eye on this topic but you can also contact me directly at info@downloadninja.com or via the contact page.

Thanks again

Mike

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello @MikeD and welcome to MT!

I'm glad to see you're interested by our thoughts! ^^

People here (including myself) wanted to learn more about the developers of this piece of software, can you tell us more about yourself, your team (if there are some co-developers working by your side), why you made Download Ninja, will it be forever free, why wouldn't you intend to propose a paid version, and so on.

To be honest I didn't try it yet, because of the lack of a media grabber and seamless integration with all browsers (not just the main ones like Firefox and Chrome). But who knows, as I've read, it might change soon enough ;P

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your stay at MT :) And don't forget to make yourself at home!

M

MalwareT

Hi Guys,

I saw this thread in my Google Analytics and thought I'd say hello. I'm Mike and I'm the developer of DownloadNinja. For anyone interested I'm actually from the UK :)

First of all let me say thank you very much for all the great comments being left about DN on here, I only released it a couple of days ago and so far the response has been great!

I am currently working on a few general speed improvements and a couple of other bits and bobs (Scheduled Downloads, Separate Queues etc) but after that I'll be looking at video/media downloading too.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any comments or feedback, good or bad. I'll keep my eye on this topic but you can also contact me directly at info@downloadninja.com or via the contact page.

Thanks again

Mike

Can you make portable version :D ? That will me much appreciated from me and others, especially me because i'm big fan of portable programs.

Reactions: Kent and user

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hello @MikeD
People here (including myself) wanted to learn more about the developers of this piece of software, can you tell us more about yourself, your team (if there are some co-developers working by your side), why you made Download Ninja, will it be forever free, why wouldn't you intend to propose a paid version, and so on.

To be honest I didn't try it yet, because of the lack of a media grabber and seamless integration with all browsers (not just the main ones like Firefox and Chrome). But who knows, as I've read, it might change soon enough ;P

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your stay at MT :) And don't forget to make yourself at home!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It's just me developing the app at the min, I created it as a bit of a side project as I spend most of my time working with Easy-Hide-IP (I think someone noticed an Easy-Hide-IP icon on their desktop earlier today.. that's because the install script started form the same base and I missed one of the references !

I'm loosely considering the possibility of offering a paid version but as there are already free alternatives available I'm not sure how well that would work. My intention at the minute is to have a bit of fun developing it and see where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.