Download Ninja (new Internet download manager)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
@MikeD Will there be a 64-bit version?

Yeah there could be, I could now make it multi-platform so it runs on whatever platform you have, I originally made it 32 bit because I was using a third party tool that needed to run in 32 bit but that has been taken out now as I ended up writing the functionality myself.

I'll add it to the list.

Last edited:

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Linux too? :p

I was just thinking about Linux the other day actually.. in theory it should run on Linux now under Mono (its written in .net) but I've never tested it.

In theory if you already have Linux loaded you should be able to take the runtime files and run it straight off using the same binaries.

It's not something I've tested yet but if it works then I see no reason not to release it as a Linux version with a few tweaks if needed.

D

Deleted member 178

Nice to hear that, will try tomorrow, im outside using my phone right now ^^

Reactions: user

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Thanks for sharing. @MikeD I noticed, if I uncheck 'Monitor clipboards for URLs' the URLs are still captured by DNinja.

Really? Strange, I've just tested it here and it seems OK.

If you go back in to settings after seeing the notification the 'Monitor clipboard for URLs' setting is still unchecked?

Reactions: Littlebits and user

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have produced a video. You can see the URLs are captured from the browser, but not from within Notepad (see Edit below).

Edit: I re-tried with Notepad with URLs including the HTTP header, and they were captured even with the 'Monitor clipboard for URLs' unchecked.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I have produced a video. You can see the URLs are captured from the browser, but not from within Notepad (see Edit below).

Edit: I re-tried with Notepad with URLs including the HTTP header, and they were captured even with the 'Monitor clipboard for URLs' unchecked.

OK, I see what's going on. First of all at the moment DN only detects links that have HTTP in front of them which is why you are seeing the difference between the first test and the second test.

The second issue with the clipboard I had not considered. With the checkbox unchecked DN will not show an alert when it detects something in the clipboard but it will still check the clipboard when you click on Add Download.

I'll make a change to the settings to add two options, one that is something like "Show alert when link is copied" and the other "Auto fill download URL from clipboard" or maybe some better wording :)

M

MalwareT

Sorry, I just re-read this, I thought I was replying to a different comment.

Yes that sounds like a great idea, I'll add it to the list.

I have a question. If i want to download PeaZip from Softpedia and i paste link (html), does download ninja downloads Peazip or when i press download and program get started downloading does download ninja automatically download that program ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.