Download Ninja (new Internet download manager)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Ok, but program automatically starts downloading version 4.5 how can i prevent that ?

hmm, that shouldn't be, it should only give you 4 if needed.

I'm going to get a new release out this evening/tomorrow with some speed improvements so I'll make a change to the installer at the same time to install/check for the correct version of .net.

Reactions: user
M

MalwareT

hmm, that shouldn't be, it should only give you 4 if needed.

I'm going to get a new release out this evening/tomorrow with some speed improvements so I'll make a change to the installer at the same time to install/check for the correct version of .net.

If user has alredy .Net Framework installed 4.0, Download Ninja should offer 4.0 as optional, not download automatically without user knowledge. And if portable version releases soon that will be awesome.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
If user has alredy .Net Framework installed 4.0, Download Ninja should offer 4.0 as optional, not download automatically without user knowledge. And if portable version releases soon that will be awesome.

That is correct, the installer is currently checking for 4.5, so if you already have 4.5 installed it wont do anything, but it should be checking for 4.

So with the new release it will check for v4.. if v4 is already there it won't do anything.

Portable version on the way :)

M

MalwareT

Cool, just offer .Net Framework as optional (you can put checkmark if user want it).

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014

I've just been looking at the installer code and I'm a little confused, as far as I can tell the logic should be correct..

It's checking for a registry setting to see if .net 4.0 is installed:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
or
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

If they are not there it downloads the MS .NET 4.0 installer:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...BC36-D6EA96C8DAAE/dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

I can't see any reference in there to .net 4.5.

I'll see if I can get an XP virtual machine setup tomorrow to do some testing on

Reactions: MalwareT and user
M

MalwareT

Oops, i meant on 4.0, sorry. I have already installed 4.0 with all patches ,so Download Ninja shouldn't download it.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hi all,

I've just pushed out v1.0.2.4 you can see a list of changes in the new fancy change log ;)
http://downloadninja.com/changelog/

But here is a summary:
  • Fixed but in filename resolution for certain downloads
  • ETA time is now more precise for hour downloads (i.e. 1.4h)
  • Improved window resize speed when downloads are in expanded mode
  • Added semi-transparent ‘Drop Box’
  • Added scrollbar to settings page
  • Added scrollbar to add download page
  • Improved performance of download list when lots of downloads listed (100+)
  • Added an additional option in settings to disable auto population of download url from clipboard
  • Improved performance of text filtering of downloads
  • Added the ability to add a stored login from the login manager
  • Added the ability to change a saved login’s host after it has been added
  • Added wildcards to login manager (i.e. *.microsoft.com)
  • Added drop down list for stored logins in the add download page
  • Improved clipboard URL validation (now accepts non HTTP urls)
  • General bug fixes and improvements
Those with DN already installed the program should tell you about the available update when you next restart the program, or you can just download the latest from here:

http://downloadninja.com/#download

Windows 7 Ultimate x86.
I'm still looking into this so have not made any changes to the installer yet.

In the mean time could you post a screenshot the folders inside this folder on your system?

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework

D

Deleted member 178

nice update, waiting now for a media-grabber and a linux version :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.