Download Ninja (new Internet download manager)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
When we talk about media grabbing are we mainly talking about YouTube here or do you use IDM to download from other sites in FLV format?

I've tried IDM on a few sites and it doesn't seem to work on most, only on youtube?

Reactions: user

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
When we talk about media grabbing are we mainly talking about YouTube here or do you use IDM to download from other sites in FLV format?

I've tried IDM on a few sites and it doesn't seem to work on most, only on youtube?
I'd like to be able to grab ANY media downloadable from ANY websites, and not only the most well-known such as YouTube ;)

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I'd like to be able to grab ANY media downloadable from ANY websites, and not only the most well-known such as YouTube ;)

Yeah I get that and that of course would be the aim but its not as simple as it sounds o_O

I'll need to look into it in more detail but I suspect that because most of these websites don't want people to download their videos they use sneaky ways to stopping it, so each case needs dealing with differently.

I think to start with DN will have to start with sites like YouTube and go from there

suma

Level 4
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Hi MIKE
I have just installed .NET 4.0. But ninja start download NET 4.5 . Now what should I do. I am using WIN7 Pro 32bit. Due to High Internet tariff not interested to drain another 50MB.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hi MIKE
I have just installed .NET 4.0. But ninja start download NET 4.5 . Now what should I do. I am using WIN7 Pro 32bit. Due to High Internet tariff not interested to drain another 50MB.

There seems to be something funny going on with the .net download in the installer. I've not had chance to look into why yet so in the mean time I've uploaded a version of the installer that does not try to download .NET.

http://update.downloadninja.com/download-ninja_nodotnot.exe

I can't test this 100% because I already have .NET installed :mad: but it should work for you until I sort out the problem with the installer.

Reactions: MalwareT and user
M

MalwareT

@MikeD Here is screenshot of folder that you are requested for:

Izrezak.png

M

MalwareT

@MikeD I downloaded Download Ninja from that url that you pasted and now it's working. Thanks for this :). Anyway memory usage should be little bit lower.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Could it be integrated with firefox? or it just only works with chrome>......

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
ok let me try...

@MikeD I downloaded Download Ninja from that url that you pasted and now it's working.

I've been doing some testing on this today, is it possible you don't have the full .NET 4.0 installed but actually the .NET 4.0 Client Profile?

The Client Profile version is a subset of the main .net 4.0 that contains most of the stuff needed for running .NET apps but not all of it so the install is smaller. The only way I can reproduce what you guys are seeing is if I have the Client Profile installed but not the full .NET 4.0 version.

Anyway, the app doesn't really need the full version so I've changed the installer to look for either the full or client profile version, if either exist it won't attempt to download anything.

Can you both give this a try and see if it still tries to download .net?

http://update.downloadninja.com/download-ninja-1.0.2.5.exe

Reactions: user and XhenEd

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Yeah I get that and that of course would be the aim but its not as simple as it sounds o_O

I'll need to look into it in more detail but I suspect that because most of these websites don't want people to download their videos they use sneaky ways to stopping it, so each case needs dealing with differently.

I think to start with DN will have to start with sites like YouTube and go from there

That's right, I agree with you, not every websites allow users to download video from it, I believe it's not as simple as that..I think it's sounds good to start from YT or the another famous one like daily motion etc, that would be more than enough. And thanks a lot Mike for DN, I like it a lot :D

Reactions: user and Koroke San
M

MalwareT

@MikeD Here is screenshot of what i have installed :

Izrezak.png

I already installed Download Ninja from url that you posted before and works.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Great, I think that was the problem.. I see you have .net 4 client profile installed.. not .net 4 full so DN was looking for full, seeing you didn't have it and trying to install it.

Reactions: user and MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Great, I think that was the problem.. I see you have .net 4 client profile installed.. not .net 4 full so DN was looking for full, seeing you didn't have it and trying to install it.

Ok. I'd like to translate Download Ninja on my laungage, how can i contribute ? When i'm done, i'll send you link of laungage file. (If you allow me to translate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.