Download Ninja (new Internet download manager)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I've spent the last couple of days writing a plugin for Firefox.. unfortunately it was not a simple as the Chrome plugin was but I'm fairly happy with it:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-ninja-free-download-m/

It is using their new plugin SDK and some of the features I'm using are marked as changeable so I will probably have to update the plugin when new releases of Firefox come out but for the moment is seems to be working well with FF 30.

I'd love to hear any comments. :)

M

MalwareT

@MikeD I have a couple of suggestions that you may consider:

1.I'd like that program has ability to download torrents like Free Download Manager;
2.Program needs add-on for Opera and Internet Explorer;
3.I'd like that program has themes;

I hope you'll consider them. :)

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic
D

Deleted member 178

I think it is better to let him polish the actual version before adding features. the torrent one is not really needed since you have torrents clients, it is more important that he makes it fully compatible with the major browsers for the moment.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just for a bit of an update, I'm currently working media downloads and I'm hoping to have downloads working for over 200 sites popular sites by the end of the week! including YouTube, Daily Motion and lots of others.

I am looking at using a third party tool youtub-dl (http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/) for download site parsing as it seems to do a fantastic job of Youtube parsing and many other sites. You can see a list of currently supported sites here: http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

I've been a little delayed though as a user reported a problem downloading from a file sharing website and to resolve it I've had to re-work quite a bit of code.

I've added Themes to the list but not sure when it will be in there. So far my next things to do are:
  • General Improvements
  • Media Downloading
  • Download Queues
  • Speed limiting (limit downloads/queues/total to certain rates)
  • Different locations for different file types
After that I'll probably look at translations to different languages as most of the functionality will be there.

Theme support should be fun actually, I can already see a nice settings page that allows you to change colours of various components and save it to a theme file :)

Hopefully have a nice new version out for you by the end of the week.

Mike

Last edited:

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I think it is better to let him polish the actual version before adding features. the torrent one is not really needed since you have torrents clients, it is more important that he makes it fully compatible with the major browsers for the moment.

I have to agree with torrents actually.. there are already a whole host of good, free torrent downloaders out there that so I'll probably stay away from that.

MikeD

Level 4
Verified
Jun 24, 2014

1.I'd like that program has ability to download torrents like Free Download Manager;

Torrents I'm not sure about as apps like uTorrent already do a pretty damn good job but Opera, IE and themes are def on the list :)

Reactions: MalwareT and Oxygen

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

We have torrent clients for downloads.

Reactions: MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.