Not open for further replies.

artifice22

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015

Follow these steps to download Insider Preview:

• Read the system requirements.

• Click one of the Download links on this thread to download a special file—it's called an ISO file—that you can use to install the preview.

• When the download is complete, transfer the ISO file to installation media such as a USB flash drive or DVD.

• Double-tap or double-click setup.exe from the installation media, and then follow the steps.
e631eaeb-66d5-46bd-9888-77b8e98e847a_15.png

Important

• Remember, trying out an early build like this can be risky. That's why we recommend that you don't install the preview on your primary home or business PC. Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything.

• If you want to stop using Windows 10 Insider Preview and return to your previous version of Windows, you'll need to reinstall your previous version from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC—typically a DVD. If you don't have recovery media, you might be able to create a USB recovery drive.

• After you install Windows 10 Insider Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

Download link w/ all information + source:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Where to find the download?

• Go to the link shown above.
  • Scroll down to Download Links.
  • Click Show All.
  • Choose your language and your build.
  • Download it and complete installation.
  • Done!
[READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING]

Download and install the preview only if you;
  • Want to try out software that’s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.
  • Don’t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.

• Really know your way around a PC and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, formatting a hard drive, installing an operating system from scratch, or restoring your old one if necessary.

• Know what an ISO file is and how to use it.

• Aren't installing it on your everyday computer.

I know there is a thread on the same topic however,
Not all the information is posted there.

[DISCLAIMER]

I do not claim that any information here is mine, it belongs only to Windows.
However, I have included my own points and tips here and there.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Artifice22.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I am thinking of dual booting 10 IP with Windows 7, but the partition wizard during installation doesn't create a system partition for the second OS. What to do?

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows 10 is close to RTM release, 1-2 months from being deployed.

Reactions: MrExplorer

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I know that. I was talking about trying out the "Insider Preview" (for testing purposes only).
I know that. I was speaking in general.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I'm running it on my desktop and laptop (all in heh). I like it a lot (hated Win8/8.1).

Not all security software runs on it though..so test first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.