Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone:

Today I thought I would give Dr.Web Security Space 10 a try, I removed Kaspersky 2015 and that's the only security software I had - upon installation (all went okay) it asked me to reboot, I did and get the famous blue screen. I only keep all my applications/documents etc., on an external hard drive, never backup my system, yes I know that's a bad thing! I tried and tried to restart but it was a constant BSOD, has anyone else had such issues with Dr.Web, or know of any problems?

Tony.

Reactions: omidomi

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Never! Did you use Kaspersky removal/uninstall tool to completely remove? Also, was it a new PC that had McAfee install to began with? It so, get the removal/unistall tool for McAfee? And run!

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes I removed Kaspersky, it is a new laptop and no I had it custom made so it came with no security software pre-installed.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
nope, its from kaspersky.
Dr.Web do't(never!) get BSOD.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
No, the BSOD was related to Dr.Web as I googled DR.Web/error code and a lot of people had the issue......

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
No it was just a free 3 month trial, something I now regret as I spent all night formatting and re-installing Windows 8.1 - should have stayed with Kaspersky!

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
No it was just a free 3 month trial, something I now regret as I spent all night formatting and re-installing Windows 8.1 - should have stayed with Kaspersky!
yea KIS better :D

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes it is, thanks for the advice - I have just installed Kaspersky and I am happy again! I hate when computers go wrong :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.