Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hello Everyone, from a wet UK :(

My mate is using Dr.Web Security Space 10, I wondered is their software any good at protection against today's threat? I know they have advanced disinfection technology, but not heard a lot about protection capabilities?

Tony :)

Reactions: omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Hello Everyone, from a wet UK :(

My mate is using Dr.Web Security Space 10, I wondered is their software any good at protection against today's threat? I know they have advanced disinfection technology, but not heard a lot about protection capabilities?

Tony :)
Great detection.
slow down all.(internet,boot time.)
ram huge!

weak BB
great firewall.
good disinfection technology.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
nothing is best its a matter of personal likes, dislikes and expectations. slowing down on browsing session i never experienced in 1 year of useage. boot time is good and login time will be little bit extended mine takes 3 to 4 minutes from login screen password enter to completely start to using the desktop, once it started i am not seeing any slow down any of my operation, bb is partially based on cloud, if you want better response ask malware1, this is his one of the favorite av.

Reactions: omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
nothing is best its a matter of personal likes, dislikes and expectations. slowing down on browsing session i never experienced in 1 year of useage. boot time is good and login time will be little bit extended mine takes 3 to 4 minutes from login screen password enter to completely start to using the desktop, once it started i am not seeing any slow down any of my operation, bb is partially based on cloud, if you want better response ask malware1, this is his one of the favorite av.
i know M1 migrate to eset :D
4 min is very long for boot time i use EIS and my boot time is 1 min :)
whats your idea about ram huge? :D

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
well it always sit under 350 mb, when starts, but in sometimes like scanning with other secondary scanner it will goes as low as 80 mb, but when running the full scan the cpu usage will spike upto 50%,:eek: because i set it like that, it will finish full scan with in 2 hours.:cool: this is very huge difference compare to when i used version 5 or 6. and people are missing some setting that is called application control in drweb settings, it has paranoid, medium, optimal (default), user defined. if you know what is this then nothing will affect the pc even when you mistakenly clicked some wrong exe files. thats why i always think better learn how the application works under the wood, then better we can understand what is positive and negative about it properly, so we take extra precaution.

sorry i never tried eis in my life so i can't give hands on experience about it. i lived with kasperky for more than 4 years,;) now replaced it with drweb for more than 1 year. drweb version 11 comes with hardware virtualisation and per application permission setting i am eagerly waiting for it to exit beta stage, so that i can install it in my main pc.:D:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Based on my experience, it does pretty well on removal and prevention especially in zero day; the thing concern is the performance which if you have a good specification then the resource hunger should satisfied. ;)

They are totally focus on the two important components where quality is over quantity in terms of signature database.

Reactions: OokamiCreed

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Never slowed down my computer at all but apart from that, everything else @omidomi stated was correct for me personally. I really liked it's firewall, and it's UI. Have problems with it's web protection. It's SUPER sensitive and may or may not break pages. If it doesn't slow your computer down and you don't mind like 200MB or more RAM, I'd say your good to go. And obviously if it does screw up any sites that you get on. The web protection can block some web elements like there's no tomorrow.

If I gave it a rating out of 10. I'd give it a 8/10. Needs to lower RAM, better BB, and a more refined web blocker.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.