Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Dr.Web LinkCheckers is a free plug-in that allows you to scan web pages and files downloaded from the Internet. Install the plug-in for your browser, and enjoy virus-free web surfing!

• Scans web pages before they are opened
  • Warns users of social networking web-sites about following links to other sites and scans the linked content
  • Detects and checks malformed links
  • Scans downloadable Internet files
  • Detects viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, and other malicious objects
  • Checks links for scripts and frames
  • Checks links provided in e-mail messages processed by Mozilla Thunderbird
  • Dr.Web software is not required!
  • Scans files up to 12 MB in size!
  • Scans take just seconds!

Download for Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Chrome

D

Deleted member 178

RE: Dr.Web LinkChecker

nice pictures :p functions like VTzilla it seems.

installed it, testing it.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I'm glad they added support for Chrome, I used it now and then when I used Firefox.

As long as non-live links start with www. you can use the LinkChecker to scan it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Nice they add facebook on external link scan, future they can add Twitter too.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011

I like this works with many browsers but I wish they would create it as an extension for those that do not enjoy editing file, personally I have no issue with editing them and have done it countless times during customization of Opera, an extension would be ideal however. Seems to work fine with Opera, SRWare Iron, and FireFox for me, I haven't yet tested with PaleMoon but I suspect that should work fine being built from the Mozilla platform as well. Thanks for the info.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011

Cool, Didn't know of this I used VTZilla, I'm going to give this a go.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Dr.Web LinkCheckers is a free plug-in that allows you to scan web pages and files downloaded from the Internet. Install the plug-in for your browser, and enjoy virus-free web surfing!
Quick question....how does this plugin actually works?..It will just scan links from a page per request or it dose have a real time protection?
[attachment=350]
Because I've installed it and went to MDL to test it...I've use about 20 malicious URL's...and nothing from Dr.Web LinkChecker.
Dose this add-on scan the URL's that a user loads from the "URL bar"?
[attachment=349]
I will keep playing with it ..but it dose seem to be a waste of time ;)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 753
  • 12.png
    12.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 684

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

It not intended for real-time protection or to replace any software. Dr.Web LinkChecker has been around for some time and it's right-click scanning is it's purpose, since you don't want it to scan every web page you visit.

Try it on Facebook, it will scan the external link.

D

Deleted member 178

Dr.Web LinkChecker updated

October 20, 2011

Doctor Web—a Russian developer of IT security software—has updated its free Dr.Web LinkChecker plugin for checking web pages and files downloaded from the Internet for viruses. The update is available for Mozilla Firefox/Thunderbird, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari.

Dr.Web LinkChecker Features

-Scans web pages before they are opened
-Warns users of social networking web-sites about following links to other sites and scans the linked content
-Detects and checks malformed links
-Scans downloadable Internet files
-Detects viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, and other malicious objects
-Checks links for scripts and frames
-Checks links provided in e-mail messages processed by Mozilla Thunderbird
-Dr.Web software is not required!
-Scans files up to 12 MB in size!
-Scans take just seconds!

Among other things, the updated Dr.Web LinkChecker (version 2.56) protects social networkers from getting to unwanted web-sites. To accomplish this task it uses the Dr.Web parental control database to check links to external resources.

Now it also supports mobile versions of Facebook and Google + (m.facebook.com, m.google.com/app/plus). Besides, Dr.Web LinkChecker is now compatible with Mozilla Fennec 6.0 Beta for Android.

An issue when internal and external links with identical top domains and subdomains couldn't be scanned properly has been resolved.

To take advantage of the updated Dr.Web LinkCheckers, just download and run the new version for your browser. If you already use Dr.Web LinkChecker, it will be updated automatically.

Please, remember that the plug-ins Dr.Web LinkChecker is also included in the distribution of Dr.Web personal products for Windows.
Back to news

Link: http://www.freedrweb.com/linkchecker/?lng=en

using it since long time, impressive addon, fast and simple.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Dr.Web LinkChecker updated

Thanks for the update umbra. Never really use Dr.Web except on my phone. So I guess that I will have to updat it on my phone.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Dr.Web LinkChecker (Browser Addons)

Just wanted to share this from installing Dr.Web AV LinkChecker in Chrome.

All you need to do is click on a link in Facebook (or other social networking sites and it will give you a verdict).

i89ib.png

Doesn't work in Internet Explorer, not tested in Firefox, Opera or Safari.

Definitely worth a try! :D

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Dr.Web LinkChecker (Browser Addons)

Last update was in July 2013, has a bunch of new features.

hJW8sBo.png

Something new(-ish) to take for a test drive. :D

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Release of Dr.Web LinkChecker 3.4
October 7, 2013

The company "Doctor Web" reported the release of the plug-in version 3.4 Dr.Web LinkChecker for Google Chrome, Safari, Opera and Mozilla (Firefox and Thunderbird). Improved extension has a number of new features that enhance the user experience, the identified errors were corrected.

Now Dr.Web LinkChecker a welcome page that includes a setup wizard. This page is displayed when you first install the expansion, it allows the user to get acquainted with the possibilities of Dr.Web LinkChecker and customize it to suit your own needs. You can change the settings by referring to them directly from the main menu of your browser.

Dr.Web LinkChecker 3.4 has updated database of sites that track user activity on their pages, and web resources that contain advertising.

However, the expansion Some corrections were made. Fixed an issue where the Safari browser was not working lock elements of web analytics at the maximum level set to "online tracking". Fixed a bug no lock when you click on the links redirecting in manual lock. Eliminated the problem you are prompted to restart your web page and adding and deleting a site from the list of exceptions in the browser Opera. It was also the cause of the blocking of certain web resources, mistakenly thought to be advertising.

To use Dr.Web LinkChecker 3.4, just download it from its store expansions (depending on your browser) and run. For those who already use Dr.Web LinkChecker, will update automatically.

Source

L

LabZero

Cattura.PNG

Dr.Web Link Checker is a free extension that can instantly scan webpages and files downloaded from the Internet, and block website attempts to monitor user activity and display advertisements.

If, for some reason, you have not yet entrusted Dr.Web products to defend your computers, use Dr.Web Link Checker, and surf the World Wide Web without fear of virus attacks, phishing attempts, and annoying ads!

Dr.Web Link Checker’s automatic features
• Protects against phishing attempts and virus infections in social networks (VKontakte, Facebook, and Google+). External links in social networks are scanned automatically, and then a warning is displayed about the danger of following links from social networks to other sites.

• Blocks attempts to monitor user Internet activity, including on social networks. Blocks all the most common ad network resources and web behaviour analytics that allow user search requests and visited sites to be analysed and the resulting collected data to be used to display specific ads to users.
• Blocks ads (social network advertising plugins embedded in pages of third-party sites, ad networks, flash banners and videos, and separate ad units on a page). User-created site exceptions lists indicate which sites can display ads.

User-requested scanning
for phishing attempts, malware, unwanted or non-recommended sites

• Scans links before visiting a site
• Scans files (up to 12 MB in size) before downloading them from the Internet
• Checks links in e-mail messages processed by Mozilla Thunderbird

Dr.Web Link Checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.