Battle Dr Web Secure Space VS Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
Emsisoft. Great GUI, Easy To use, And fast scanning. I can say i installed Security space on my windows 8.1 x64 Laptop and i had to restore it due to compatibility issues when their support stated it would be fine on 8.1

Nerdie

Level 1
Jan 13, 2016
Emsisoft is a really good product but I had to go with Dr Web because most people may not realize this but Dr Web products are pushed with more definitions than Emsisoft. Over the past month I have seen lots of items that I know for a fact that are infected but aren't blocked by Emsisoft but they are blocked by Dr Web.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
why u compare between IS and AV?
between Dr Web Secure Space and Emsisoft intenet security i said both of them is the same,Dr.Web is light on system same as EIS
in detection they are same,but Dr.Web is RAM huge its very bad....

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I think I am going to use Emsisoft Anti-Malware because I won a free 1 year licence. Thanks for everyones comments anyway.

Reactions: CySecy825

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
First of all since you won an EAM license why should you buy another security product?
But if you want to run Dr.Web you wont have any problem on your desktop with that CPU.
Just to let you know that Dr.Web uses about 300 MB of RAM and it's firewall is old fashion.
I mean that when you first install it you will give you many pop-ups for every program you use and you will have to
allow every legitimate process manual.
That's not the case with Norton,BD and Kaspersky because their firewall take these decisions on their own.
Conclusion whatever you choose you will not go wrong both are great for protection.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Dr. Web Security Space:

> Cleaning and repair.
> Phone portection included.Free!!!
> Preventive protection.
> Protection from encryption ransomware!
> HTTP monitor SpIDer Gate

Biggest reason;
Encryption ransomware (Trojan.Encoder) programs search disks on infected desktops and the memory of compromised mobile devices for user data, encrypt it and demand a ransom for its decryption.

Encryption ransomware can penetrate computer protected even with (any) anti-virus — if the Trojan is yet unknown to the virus database or if the anti-virus does not incorporate proactive protection technologies to ensure data safety against threats even yet unknown to the virus database.

Find out more how to configure Dr.Web to lower the infection risk by encryption ransomware.

rodocop

Level 1
Verified
Jun 12, 2015
DrWeb is the best in malware fighting at Runet (Russia and former USSR countries). Pro users even do acknowledge the supremacy of DrWeb over Kaspersky.
DrWeb Cureit is the most popular ondemand-scanner for already infected systems and it shares the full power of engine with SecuritySpace.

So my vote is for DrWeb however Emsisoft gives us a very valuable thing too! It's very light on resources and has very good detect (but DrWeb is better here for me). My 'troubleshooting flashdrive' always is packed with both CureIt! and EEK.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Dr. Web is considered one of the original Giants (among Symantec, McAfee and Kaspersky). Its signatures are one of the best, their detection "center" is usually one of the first to detect new infections and variants. Its only downfall is system impact on lower end systems. Mid to High end systems, you will rarely see any impact, just like Kaspersky or even EIS.

Its removal capabilities are less aggressive than Emsisoft but not to be ignored.

Russia is considered one of the highest Europe countries with infections, so it is only natural Dr Web is up to par with it. Also Eastern European govs rely on Dr Web for their choice of security, unlike many think that the slot is taken by Kaspersky.

If you have EIS already, no need to switch. If you need to buy one solution, then yes Dr Web only if your system is Mid to High end system.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Dr web is a great product but it is heavy, even on my "upper end" laptop, and full install is close to 1 GIG!!
Ram can exceed 350mgb
Pretty much the same when I have my EP doing its heavy duty full scan. Just gotta leave the system for a bit while making a coffee or do something else:)
That is why i have 3 systems.
Tho RAM is high, CPU whilst doing its scanning (no cleaning as yet to get an infection), it is rather quiet and less I/O writes actually.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.