App Review Dr.Web Security Space 10 Final (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hey Manzai

Excellent review. Now I know whether to install Dr.Web as I recently purchased a 6 month license. It seems to be a very powerful security solution. Do you know of any settings I can change that will increase the protection it offers?

Tony:)

Reactions: Manzai

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Hey Manzai

Excellent review. Now I know whether to install Dr.Web as I recently purchased a 6 month license. It seems to be a very powerful security solution. Do you know of any settings I can change that will increase the protection it offers?

Tony:)
Setting recommendation by me ( you may not like it, but anyway i shared it.)

First setting
go to protection component in main setting page

protection component.jpg

Then go to preventive screen
preventivescreen.jpg

Then change the setting to medium atleast, do not select optimal, medium setting will denies most of the automatic service registration of the program your are installing so don't forget to change all the setting to allow or ask depends on your preference.

levelofsecurity.jpg

Then change data loss prevention, please select the folders and files to backup one day once or hourly. as well as where the backup to save.

dataloss.jpg

And lastly enable cloud and put the firewall learning mode and start all the program you have installed in your computer so that drweb firewall can create and update whatever program you have in your pc, please do not hesitate to do this, because if you did this then you can change firewall mode to interactive mode so that you can create rule according to your need for another program you are installing after installed drweb.

drwebcloud.jpg

Ps: this is my two cents. because i am using drweb now, i really happy about it. :)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi kmr1684

Thank you for sharing that with me, I will update certain areas (that you have suggested) to increase the level of security. I am really liking Dr.Web it would seem Russia makes very good antivirus products i.e., Kaspersky and Dr.Web

Tony :)

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I can;t use Dr Web 10 with my trial license because i have a stupid error:mad: and dr. web's support dosen't respond(maybe because is a trial version).
How to buy a license for it without testing it. :(

Thanks for review.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Hi kmr1684

Thank you for sharing that with me, I will update certain areas (that you have suggested) to increase the level of security. I am really liking Dr.Web it would seem Russia makes very good antivirus products i.e., Kaspersky and Dr.Web

Tony :)

you want answer for your last few word then really i will tell you kaspersky and drweb both are like root kits, even if you turned off av in their setting, then also their real time engine still scan very deeply, so welcome to my awful land, you can't control them they are controlling us. it never takes rest it will scan each and every thing available in your pc, it has one of the best of best antiroot kit detection available in the market, so please enjoy using it. ;):)

spideragent.jpg

spideragent running.jpg

Reactions: Surtur

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
As always very good review Manzai and informative. Continue your hard work;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.