App Review Dr. Web Security Space Pro 8 Test(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I know most of these suites are tested at their default settings from the manufacturer, but some of them really do not impress at all. That is why I made my quasi suite with Threatfire, Malware Defender and Sandboxie--there is no way I am going to spend money on mediocre protection from a signature based product that really cannot brag about the signatures it is updated with, nor the ability to protect in other ways, such as; web shields, malicious link detectors, phishing protection, etc. Suites are consisting of useless fluff more and more. They are bloated blow-hard marketing ploys. Some suites are almost like grayware (esp. RAM/CPU usage issues) unless you tweak them a bit. Personally, I NEVER tolerate factory settings.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great video. That's the thing that I have to say I don't like about Dr. Web Security Space is that there is no interface. Most programs now a days need an interface.

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
Great video. That's the thing that I have to say I don't like about Dr. Web Security Space is that there is no interface. Most programs now a days need an interface.

I actually favor this over a full UI to be honest. It depends on the user's needs and this fully fits the minimalistic user.

Why would a GUI be needed in DrWeb if all tools are able to accessed from one location?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I guess, but you would think that most users would look at the menu and think how hard it is to navigate, compared to a simplified UI. I personally would prefer an interface, for the reason it makes life easier to navigate.

Biozfear said:
I actually favor this over a full UI to be honest. It depends on the user's needs and this fully fits the minimalistic user.

Why would a GUI be needed in DrWeb if all tools are able to accessed from one location?

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
I guess, but you would think that most users would look at the menu and think how hard it is to navigate, compared to a simplified UI. I personally would prefer an interface, for the reason it makes life easier to navigate.

Biozfear said:

Problem with GUI: can be simple(AVG) or horrendous (McAfee) for example.

DrWeb approach: Nothing can really go wrong.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.