App Review Dr. Web Security Space Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
*.sys - drweb driver
& disable windows security function(smart screen, etc...) before testing

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
sorry but it is true sometime drweb misses but drweb strong hold or proactive function in version 11 is totally depends on partial virtualization, so in real system working of drweb will be some what differ from vm system. people want to see the true power of drweb then people have to use it in their real system atleast for three month trail, drweb provides 3 month trail period, so please trail it and see it yourself.

drwenvirt.jpg

ps: when these (virtualisation) settings are enabled in drweb and in pc, then one application starts whenever drweb using virtualisation or proactive function is called comsurrogate, that time processor and disk usage goes up. we can easily see that in task manager. still want to test this practically, ok then download wireshark application and install it offline mode then we can see this activity in task manager. thanks for reading.
comdrweb.jpg

please see in task manager comsurrogate started.

Reactions: Moose and abdou17

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
I know about it but on previous tests, all of them is default settings. So I will use default settings always...

scoob95

Level 1
Verified
Feb 1, 2016
Hello MT members can Dr Web be used without getting firewall popups ?

I like Behavior based popups but dislike firewall popups . Dr web firewall as i heard popups for every file without digital signatures .There is still a lot of programs which still do not have digital signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.