Pros
  • 1. Nice and easy interface

2. Good web blocking

3. Detection rate was good

4. Firewall seemed to work
CONS
1. High Ram usage

2. No user interface like other antivirus's, your going to have to
right click on the icon at the bottom right!
BOTTOM LINE
According to my testings, Dr.Web did a good job. They
still need to lower ram usage and give us a user interface
like the rest of the antivirus's in the world. I would recommend
this to users!

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I think they are really good with web blocking. Their browser add-on called "Dr. Web Link Checker" reflects that aspect.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Also, the best at cleaning Mal-ware! Add Dr. Web Antivirus with Comodo Firewall,
I think you would have the best of both world. This is my opinion. The price is still
a little high.:(

Reactions: Gnosis

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi, Hello, Greeting to all!

Discover that Dr. Web Cureit will not work with my newest set-up.

> Comodo Firewall newest work on Windows 8.1
I really like the sandbox for the browsers, with Comodo Firewall.

> 360 Internet Security 2013
> Webroot SecureAnywhere
> Trojan Hunter
> Hitman Pro
> Firefox addons > Click & Clean > Cookies Control > Disconnect > Self-Destructing Cookies >ShareMeNot > SmartVideo For Youtube
> Kapsersky TDSS Killer
> Esset ERARover

I had no problem with BitDefender Free Edition working with this set-up. When,I added the new Comodo Firewall & 360 Internet
Security. I found that Dr. Web will not work? Any suggestions? Pro's and Con's?

Thanks!

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Uhhm would you please explain why you have Norton 360 & Comodo Firewall running as a combi?
Ill bet that your windows firewall is also running.
My personal advise would be to pick one solution to replace your windows firewall. Assuming that you are behind a router which has by default a hardware based firewall superior to a Comodo or Norton for that matter.
And if you choose to use your firewall software to monitor application behavior and protect against application network attacks you might wanna go with Norton 360.
Another thing is that Comodo firewall does have a few firewall rules specifically made to counter certain worms, Trojans and some basic vulnerability attacks. Norton has those as well but is way more capable to deal with them at a fraction of the resources costs as the whole package itself virtually replaces all other security programs you have running.
Thats said BDF Free (Bitdefender) can be nice as second opinion same as malwarebytes, but BDF has a active module running which does not go well with Norton.
So even tho you attempt to create a solid setup, you have to keep in mind less is more, and thus you really need to pick what programs you want, and even tho the programs individually provide a certain level of security their combined end security will severely being scaled down if you got to much programs that intend to do the same and this applies directly to your firewall setup.

Right now its would be much easier to penetrate your system, due to the many firewalls and conflicting individual behavior rules.
Just saying.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Uhhm would you please explain why you have Norton 360 & Comodo Firewall running as a combi?

I do not have Norton 360 on my PC's! I will check my PC's to see if Windows Firewall is running.
Keep the suggestion coming! Thank you, n.nvt

http://www.360safe.com/pc.html

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013

I do not have Norton 360 on my PC's! I will check my PC's to see if Windows Firewall is running.
Keep the suggestion coming! Thank you, n.nvt

http://www.360safe.com/pc.html

I had no problem with BitDefender Free Edition working with this set-up. When,I added the new Comodo Firewall & 360 Internet
Security. I found that Dr. Web will not work? Any suggestions? Pro's and Con's?
It says here you do but yeah its not Norton my bad.
But that does not change the fact that the cloud QVM engine and the Bitdefender engine from the 360 package will conflict with both comodo and drweb engines.
And this might be the reason why Drweb stops working.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Also, check the Windows Firewall it was on, and turn it off. It the simple things,that get us all the time. Sorry, about the confusion with the above Post's! Also, it was with Dr. Web CureIt that would not run! Also, tried Emsisoft Emergency Scanner USB scanner work fine.
Maybe, I will uninstall 360 Internet Security. Also, Comodo Internet Security Score very good on this video.

Then my set-up would be as follow: I run Emsisoft Emergency Scanner USB Scanner once a week!

> Comodo Firewall newest work on Windows 8.1
I really like the sandbox for the browsers, with Comodo Firewall.
> Webroot SecureAnywhere
> Trojan Hunter
> Hitman Pro
> Firefox addons > Click & Clean > Cookies Control > Disconnect > Self-Destructing Cookies >ShareMeNot > SmartVideo For Youtube
> Kapsersky TDSS Killer
> Esset ERARover

that is without 360 Internet Security.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Right i see.
Well in regards to Comodo and selective scanning of a whole map, i am skeptic at best. Not because the Comodo suit would be bad but its AV engine is by no means a contender compared to more well rounded engines.
Even tho it has improved significantly it leaves lots to be desired in terms of detection, blocking, removing and deleting malicious files.
Other then that i see your set up and i realize that you did put up a effort to protect yourself, specially the second layer (On demand tools) seems a bit overkill. But hey this seems to work for you and if you are happy with it then who am i to nitpick right?
That said personally i would have done things a bit different but thats me.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
n.nvt. Thank you! For nitpicking! You got me to look at things a little differently. I am very open minded. Again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.