Drive Cloner RX: Man those people have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
OK So doing more research and it looks like if you have hopes of using Drive Cloner RX with Rollback RX on Win 7, 8, or 10...

You're likely to run into this error: "Get Protected Disk Part Info is False"...

And it seems there is no workaround, because the following came from their own website.

Sam Smith

03-07-2016

Hello

I agree, the information is not good. The development team also agrees, and we are working hard to rectify the issue.

I do apologize for any frustrations this may have caused.

I have passed along the drive series you have mentioned here to ensure they are covered.

I will also ask after a list of supported drives (or the best equivalent information).

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Masterblaster

03-07-2016

If you get a list of "compatible" drives, you will add it to the sales page right? That's a rhetorical question.

I know HDS would never allow you to do that. Your marketing plan for all HDS products is to use your customers as beta testers.

Then when they have a problem (which is chronic on all of your products), tell them you are looking into it and hope the customer

just gives up.

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
Old thread, but i am getting the same error.
"Get Protected Disk Part Info is False " and from my reading it has to be not recognizing the main hdd witch is ssd when you want to do a backup of the snapshots too. (rollback rx pro)

Thread author
Old thread, but i am getting the same error.
"Get Protected Disk Part Info is False " and from my reading it has to be not recognizing the main hdd witch is ssd when you want to do a backup of the snapshots too. (rollback rx pro)

I told you.

It is a known issue for the past 4+ years. HDS development has to fix it.

Reactions: patrocle
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.