Advice Request Driver Finder/Updater for Bluetooth 4.1 on Windows 7?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I am running Windows 7 x64, and I want to add bluetooth 4.1 headphones. W7 SP1 x64 is only natively supportive to bluetooth 2.1. I found the manufacturers code of the USB bluetooth 4.1 adapter I have which is:

USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891

Doing a Google search of the hardware id (from Device Manager) above I turn up some interesting possiblities, but I cannot download any of the installers to try them without installing a driver updater. The network I am on has a strict filter, too, so that is making more speculative searches difficult.

I did manage to download and install Iobit Driver Updater, but it says the drivers I have are up to date. I have an installer for Driver Pack 17, but I'm not sure about this program. It wants to use Powershell during installation, and I have a serious issue with this practice. One other thing I tried was to download the Intel bluetooth 4.0 driver. That made the headphones I purchased discoverable, but still no sound. I think the bluetooth adapter is realtek or broadcom not sure.

I am stuck. Anyone have any ideas? Looks like there are W7 Pro x64 drivers out there for bluetooth 4.1. I just can't seem to get to one. Thanks for any help...

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
From what I could find it seems to be using Qualcomm chip (CSR8510 A10). Try SDI (or SDI Origin), as suggested by Venustus. It's portable and what I currently use for updating drivers.
PS sometimes updating indexes takes a while. Give it a min or two.

gokan90

May 27, 2017
I am running Windows 7 x64, and I want to add bluetooth 4.1 headphones. W7 SP1 x64 is only natively supportive to bluetooth 2.1. I found the manufacturers code of the USB bluetooth 4.1 adapter I have which is:

Doing a Google search of the hardware id (from Device Manager) above I turn up some interesting possiblities, but I cannot download any of the installers to try them without installing a driver updater. The network I am on has a strict filter, too, so that is making more speculative searches difficult.

I did manage to download and install Iobit Driver Updater, but it says the drivers I have are up to date. I have an installer for Driver Pack 17, but I'm not sure about this program. It wants to use Powershell during installation, and I have a serious issue with this practice. One other thing I tried was to download the Intel bluetooth 4.0 driver. That made the headphones I purchased discoverable, but still no sound. I think the bluetooth adapter is realtek or broadcom not sure.

I am stuck. Anyone have any ideas? Looks like there are W7 Pro x64 drivers out there for bluetooth 4.1. I just can't seem to get to one. Thanks for any help...
Hi, ı am using driveridentifier

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Snail Driver is also worth a look. Very simple operation.

It doesn't work anymore as the developer abandoned it some time ago.

@AtlBo This driver is said to work.
If it doesn't, I should be able to find an alternate one.

For everyone else, in this case, most (if not all) driver update tools won't be able to find the correct driver. I had the same issues a few years ago, and I had to find and manually install the required software to get Bluetooth working.

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for all the help guys. I have tried:

Iobit Driver Booster-says driver is up to date (don't think it looks at hardware ids)
Driver Identifier (Network blocked internet scan)
Driver Pack 17 (Wanted to use Powershell during installation which is against personal rules)
SDI (Network blocked internet scan)

I will try Driver Easy thanks for the suggestion.

I have also installed several bluetooth drivers from known safe sites for drivers:
Lenovo
Lenovo
Intel
HP
UGreen bluetooth-This was for the UGreen 4.1 dongle. It's marvelous software and would do perfectly but it's not a hardware match.

I was hoping that the hardware would have come from a recycled bluetooth device and that it would be a common one for finding a driver. @rockstarrocks The Qualcomm lead sounds promising,. Thanks for the information. It may be the clincher. I have been trying to determine what "brand" of hardware the id reflects.

Thanks for the tip roger_m about finding the driver. Think that's what I will have to do also. I will be continuing to work on this so thanks everyone. At least I can see in Windows 10 which drivers are present for bluetooth to work. I have more info from device manager to search out. If I come up with a solution I will post it. Thanks again. :)

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Driver Easy scan worked, but it reports all bluetooth software up to date. I don't think the free version at least will look at hardware ids to find drivers. Based on what I see in Windows 10, there are 4 drivers. They are listed as:

Bluetooth Radio
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

Bluetooth Device
BTH\MS_RFCOMM

Bluetooth Enumerator
BTH\MS_BTHBRB

Bluetooth LE Enumerator
BTH\MS_BTHLE

I have the Bluetooth Radio and Enumerator drivers installed in Windows 7 now. Just need the other two, but I think bluetooth drivers are bundled together in one installation, so I would have to find something with the whole package for Windows 7 Pro x64 that will just work. The Intel drivers are so close. I can see the devices in Control Panel under Sound. For whatever reason clicking "Connect" does nothing. I can see all the options for the sound device there like "Test" and so on. OK, I will be looking at this as I can. Thanks again. 😶🙄

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
@AtlBo This driver is said to work.
If it doesn't, I should be able to find an alternate one.
@roger_m I almost missed this entry in your post. I am downloading now, and I will let you know how it works. I saw this in a Google search earlier, but was very skeptical of such a generic driver. 🤞

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Software Advisor software did not work for pairing with these headphones, but I think the dongle is for bluetooth 4.0 while the headphones are for 4.1. Under "Properties" for the bluetooth radio device in Device Manager, I see the LMP version is 6.8891, which corresponds to bluetooth 4.0. While the description of the headphones on ebay stated they were bluetooth 4.0, the documentation that came with the headphones says 4.1, so I suspect the mismatch is the issue. However, I am very confused that the headphones work in Windows 10. Maybe there exists the same W10 driver software for W7?

As for the Software Advisor software, probably the software works for any media device which is 4.0 or lower as stated. It looks like good software to me. I can't say, but I have ordered a new dongle that supports at least 4.1 and 4.2, and there is a driver for the dongle. Hopefully, that will solve the issue.

@roger_m...I'm all ears if you have any other ideas. Thanks very much for your help.

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for the help everyone. Problem solved with this usb adapter:

ORICO BTA-508

Orico has a website and a driver that works with Windows 7, 8, and 10. If anyone has a W7 computer and would like to add bluetooth, this adapter is perfect. Working like a charm. Now to get another one for the laptop I have :)...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.