Expired DriverMax Pro - 1 Year

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

MITKH

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2014
test-249x300.png

link receive serial DriverMax Pro - 1 Year
How to activate your software
  1. Please enter your name and email address. Then click "Send".
  2. You will then receive an email with the serial number. If this email does not arrive within five minutes, please check your SPAM folder!
  3. Keep your registration data safe and inaccessible to third parties.
  4. For free software there is no free technical support as well as no updates.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
The only driver updater I trust is iobit driver booster. However Some users dissagree on this ; don't fix something that is not broken , or do get your drivers updated on the manufacturers site....for the lazy people like me driver booster is perfect ; personally did not having any problems with it for over 3 years now! :D

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
The only driver updater I trust is iobit driver booster. However Some users disagree on this ; don't fix something that is not broken , or do get your drivers updated on the manufacturers site....for the lazy people like me driver booster is perfect ; personally did not having any problems with it for over 3 years now! :D

I'd agree on Iobit Driver Booster, but only up to Version 3.5. The next version v4, is a walking Billboard for their other products and pretty unusable. From trying both versions there seems no different in the drivers recommended by both versions after a scan (the results are the same even though they say v4 uses a larger database). I use v3.5 Pro and have found it picks up most new drivers and have never had any issues with incompatible drivers being loaded. A few other companies driver finders Ive had issues with, but Iobit Driver Booster Pro 3.5 seems comprehensive and safe and has a very nice interface.

Iobit Driver Booster 3.5 'Pro' licenses come up quite often on the giveaway sites, though lately they've reduced these from 1 year to 6 month

Last edited:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Comparative testing today.

Iobit DB 3.4 has not found other drivers to be updated after the 13 ones in the past few days.

DriverMax, at the same time of the test, has found 5 Intel and Realtek drivers to update.

I'm pretty sure that Iobit is right.

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
Comparative testing today.

Iobit DB 3.4 has not found other drivers to be updated after the 13 ones in the past few days.

DriverMax, at the same time of the test, has found 5 Intel and Realtek drivers to update.

I'm pretty sure that Iobit is right.

Iobit Driver Booster has an option to only display drivers that pass Microsoft's WHQL tests, and this is on by default (ie ticked under settings). That may explain the discrepancy. Often Intel ones dont show initially until they have passed these tests. I err on the side of caution and leave the option ticked

josue Aguilar

Dec 4, 2015
I'd agree on Iobit Driver Booster, but only up to Version 3.5. The next version v4, is a walking Billboard for their other products and pretty unusable. From trying both versions there seems no different in the drivers recommended by both versions after a scan (the results are the same even though they say v4 uses a larger database). I use v3.5 Pro and have found it picks up most new drivers and have never had any issues with incompatible drivers being loaded. A few other companies driver finders Ive had issues with, but Iobit Driver Booster Pro 3.5 seems comprehensive and safe and has a very nice interface.

Iobit Driver Booster 3.5 'Pro' licenses come up quite often on the giveaway sites, though lately they've reduced these from 1 year to 6 month
Yes you are right. I also have the same issue with Iobit driver booster. About Driver Max I had use the free version in several different PC with different OS and never had have problems. I will try now the paid version. Dont think gonna be worse than the free one. So far haven't heard complains.

From my personal experience, I would trust iobit driver booster and SnailDriver and SnappyDrivers. I would NOT trust DriverMax. But Giveaways are always nice, so thanks for sharing. :p
Yes Snnappy drivers is very good. The thing I like more about it is that is portable. I like more the portable programs that do the job and don't leave any leave-over in the PC. Specially for technicians is a good tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Thank you MITKH! I got this yesterday and so far I am happy with it. I did a test run using Shadow Defender first before installing this software in case I had problems or didn't like it.

What I did was run the scan with DriverMax first to see what the available drivers were, after it give me the list of available drivers, I decided to go into Windows 10 Device manager and check each one DriverMax had listed to see if there were available drivers there also before installing any of them. Everything on my PC that DriverMax listed as having an available update was showing available update drivers from Windows 10 Device Manager.

The main reason I did that first was because in the past I have tried various driver updating software and had problems such as wrong drivers and or older drivers getting installed claiming to be new.

I updated everything using DriverMax and everything seems to be working great. So far so good.

I suppose I'll keep it for the 1 year license and either purchase a new license or give SnailDriver a try.

Overlord

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 22, 2013
Personally, I prefer to avoid this type of software. Usually I try to use sites of manufacturers.

Reactions: frogboy

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
Just wanted to say I've just tried version 4.1 of Iobit Driver Booster and the interface seems clean again, so ignore my comment about version 4. I think its pretty good for finding drivers, pretty safe and easy to use. The giveaway site www.giveaway-club.com are giving pro licenses in about 4 days time it says in their upcoming giveaway section if people want to try it

I can understand what people say about avoiding driver updating software. Ive had bad experience with other driver updaters in the past, but Ive never had any issues with Driver Booster, I think mainly because of the WHQL filtering option which ensures only drivers that have passed Microsoft's compatibility tests are displayed. I also like the ability of Driver Booster to backup all your drivers (especially non Microsoft ones), which makes it easy to do a clean reinstall of windows.

One site I do find useful for finding hard to find drivers is Station-Drivers - NEWS. I have a usb3 to expresscard adapter, and it was the only place I could find the driver. People say go to the manufacturers site, but its not always obvious where to find drivers on their sites a lot of the time or whicch file to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parsh

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
i use this because my mainboard very old. And my MB manufacturers site stop giving the updates. And I'm still using manufacturers site for updating my Graphic Driver (nVidia) but for other DriverMax seem good. & SnappyDrivers is good too.. tried yesterday.
Anyway if you using DriverMAX, ignore this update "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller", its cause BSOD on my Windows 8.1

I use old MB Gigabyte P55UD3L where the Win 8.1 Driver isn't supported by default. Been using this MB for Win 8.1 for a year or more.. cant remember,.. and never got BSOD issue. After restarting i open drivermax and that driver marked as not updated yet.. so i'm guessing that the one cause BSOD earlier

Screenshot_216.png

Omarzwai

Level 1
Verified
Dec 10, 2016
Thank you MITKH! I got this yesterday and so far I am happy with it. I did a test run using Shadow Defender first before installing this software in case I had problems or didn't like it.

What I did was run the scan with DriverMax first to see what the available drivers were, after it give me the list of available drivers, I decided to go into Windows 10 Device manager and check each one DriverMax had listed to see if there were available drivers there also before installing any of them. Everything on my PC that DriverMax listed as having an available update was showing available update drivers from Windows 10 Device Manager.

The main reason I did that first was because in the past I have tried various driver updating software and had problems such as wrong drivers and or older drivers getting installed claiming to be new.

I updated everything using DriverMax and everything seems to be working great. So far so good.

I suppose I'll keep it for the 1 year license and either purchase a new license or give SnailDriver a try.
I agree with you it is a good software , but you have to be careful and check before downloading drivers especially display drivers . Driver max shows me i need to update my intel graphic card driver to newest version but when i used intel update utility and went to driver site i found it is not convenient with my intel core i5 .

Reactions: Serious Noize

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.