Troubleshoot Driving me Crazy... Want apps I click on to come to the front and stay there.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
click on lets say firefox, it shows on desktop, then decide to open word or thunderbird so I click on one of those, in the taskbar, assuming it will come to the front and firefox will be behind it, like in Win 7.

But as I move the cursor the apps might trade places...

Made very short video showing what it is doing... https://youtu.be/Yy0hU40JsAg

I'm sure this is some simple setting, but Win 10 is always been a little to helpful. MY moto is IF I want something to happen I'll click on it...

Any ideas?
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
looked at settings for taskbar, saw nothing that would change Win default settings.
click on lets say firefox, it shows on desktop, then decide to open word or thunderbird so I click on one of those, in the taskbar, assuming it will come to the front and firefox will be behind it, like in Win 7.

But as I move the cursor the apps might trade places...

Made very short video showing what it is doing...

I'm sure this is some simple setting, but Win 10 is always been a little to helpful. MY moto is IF I want something to happen I'll click on it...

Any ideas?

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Hi Rod, would you mind explaining a little more detailed what's going on? Since the video has been deleted, i got really confused. When you put the mouse icon by the app on the taskbar it brings it to the front without clicking? Or does it come to the front without even getting the mouse near?

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes Windows is weird on some behaviours where you can solve through rebooting the session. Try to observe and replicate if its continuously exist.

Upvote 0
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Hi Rod, would you mind explaining a little more detailed what's going on? Since the video has been deleted, i got really confused. When you put the mouse icon by the app on the taskbar it brings it to the front without clicking? Or does it come to the front without even getting the mouse near?

Opps accidently deleted wrong video....Yes you are right, the app can appear without clicking, just by going near the task bar. I want to click on the app and have it on top... I will then close it when I am done, but I want to be in control... Thanks for writing.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.