Hello all,
I've a Windows 8.1 x64 with 32 GB of RAM and a Xeon Processor 3.2GHz
the security configuration of this pc is the following:
- eset Nod 32 antivirus 8
- keyscramble
- mbam
- zemana
- and Emsisoft Internet Security 10

the problem is the following: I had the Emsisoft AntiMalware and the Emsisoft Online Armour Pro that expired. Since this moment the PC worked very well and fast without any problem on what I did (browsing, Photoshopping, email, word, ...)
Then I bought EIS 10 because I EOA was end of life and I wanted a rock solid FW. I used the configuration you see in this topic (I asked in 2012...): http://malwaretips.com/threads/strange-problem-with-eam.8699/
Since I uninstalled EAM and EOA and installed the EIS, the performances are totally gone away. I hardly can open a browser (I cannot stream any video).
every program I open takes a huge amount of time to open...
what can I do? I've to uninstall one of the two AV engines?
please let me know,
best regards
Nick

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
Well you basically just said it yourself.
You should NEVER run more than one Antivirus at a time.
You can run a Anti-malware besides it (like MBAM Free/Pro, or Zemana Anti-malware) as they are designed to co-exist.
But 2 full blown Antiviruses are not designed for that and will conflict.

Personally using Avira Free 2015 myself.

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Yes I see.... but afaik the EAM was one AV that was able to co-exists with other AV engines... and I did it for more than 3 years...
:-(

Reactions: conceptualclarity

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Internet Suites are better to be in a system alone, let it do the task. ;)

Emsisoft AM and ESET AV should properly be compatible but with the tweaks that should consider to avoid colliding the detection mechanism, elsewhere for productivity reason stay on one AV.

D

Deleted member 178

the security configuration of this pc is the following:
- eset Nod 32 antivirus 8
- keyscramble
- mbam
- zemana
- and Emsisoft Internet Security 10

the problem is the following: I had the Emsisoft AntiMalware and the Emsisoft Online Armour Pro that expired. Since this moment the PC worked very well and fast without any problem on what I did (browsing, Photoshopping, email, word, ...)
Then I bought EIS 10 because I EOA was end of life and I wanted a rock solid FW.
Since I uninstalled EAM and EOA and installed the EIS, the performances are totally gone away.
Nick

you surely have some networks drivers leftover from OA that conflict with EIS firewall's own drivers.
you should look at the Device Manager and remove them manually if any.

also be sure you have made the proper exclusions.

You should NEVER run more than one Antivirus at a time.
You can run a Anti-malware besides it (like MBAM Free/Pro, or Zemana Anti-malware) as they are designed to co-exist.
But 2 full blown Antiviruses are not designed for that and will conflict.

false and true :D but you have to follow certain rules, EAM/EIS can be run alongside any AVs.

Two antivirus with real-time control cannot coexist in the same operating system because, inevitably cause conflicts, slowing down your system and generate false positives.

false & true , same as my reply above

Yes I see.... but afaik the EAM was one AV that was able to co-exists with other AV engines... and I did it for more than 3 years...
:-(

still true.

Emsisoft AM and ESET AV should properly be compatible but with the tweaks that should consider to avoid colliding the detection mechanism,

VERY VERY true

for more information read my article here :

http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-...-antiviruses-in-same-time-and-set-them.23954/

Last edited by a moderator:

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hi Umbra,
considering your article and the old post, what do you suggest to do?
thank you again
regards
Nick

D

Deleted member 178

in fact EIS is enough.

but if you want both NOD32 + EIS :

-remove keyscrambler, Mbam and zemana. uninstall ESET and EIS , do a cleaning of your system. be sure all traces of your security apps are removed.

-reboot

-then install Nod32 , reboot, install EIS , reboot and do the exclusions properly (all EIS processes in ESET HIPS/AV exclusions; all ESET processes in EAM BB/AV exclusions)

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
As I imagined... This evening I will do a diskdump then try to remove ESET... and hoping that will be enough...
thank you very much
best regards
Nick

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

i can tell OA leftovers are the culprits, when i used and uninstaled it , i had to do intense cleaning. I remember you have a uninstall tool for Emsisoft products , just ask on their forum to give you a link for downloading it.

Reactions: nick76

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Like @Umbra said EIS is enough.Even though they can coexist you are really gaining nothing by using EIS & NOD32 together
Emsiclean will do the trick in getting rid of everything.Using the products removal tool or a 3rd party uninstaller will ensure all traces are gone.
Using ESET Online Scanner,as well as MBAM, as an on demand scanner will be better than running NOD32 in realtime along with EIS.
IMO EIS runs very well on Windows 8.1 and offers very good protection.However I think NOD32 & Windows firewall might be a lighter combination.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I have never used to run more than one antivirus product together. I use only eset smart and not going to run another like zemana, mbam..

Reactions: SCORPION

nick76

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 2, 2012
Hi all,
finally I discovered (thank you Umbra) that was a problem related to the Emsisoft FW (or the old EOA). I discovered by disabling it in EIS. everything worked perfectly again.
I uninstalled and cleaned the EIS and reinstalled... everything working perfectly now.
thank you all.
regards
Nick

D

Deleted member 178

I knew it was that ;)

Hi all,
finally I discovered (thank you Umbra) that was a problem related to the Emsisoft FW (or the old EOA). I discovered by disabling it in EIS. everything worked perfectly again.

"Once again the sith rule the galaxy and peace we have in the system" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.