DUKE's Config

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Good config, in my opinion maybe too much extensions for Firefox (you really don't like to be tracked :p :) but summary it's really solid.
How's BotRevolt doing on your computer?

DUKE2510

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 20, 2013
lol, i was thinking the same thing about the extensions after i was typing them in. BotRevolt is not bad honestly. works pretty good so far

DUKE2510

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 20, 2013
i have 2 question for you Bora. how do you like ESET Smart Security 7 so far and how good is the firewall?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
i have 2 question for you Bora. how do you like ESET Smart Security 7 so far and how good is the firewall?
Well for me ESET Smart Security 7 is the golden middle (and above) on the Security Market.
  • It's light on resources and on system responsiveness
  • It's effective (fast detection and removal)
  • easy configurable for beginner or advanced user
  • Fast implementation of definitions for new variants of malware
  • Testing here and there detection rate always >90% (my testings)
  • Firewall is strong, not the best in the world but does the job well (set it to learning mode while you are running known programs and apps, and then, for example after you installed all of your favorite programs, set it to interactive mode and you are done :) , asking you whenever you are connected to unsecured Wi-Fi to change mode to "restricted" or invisible to hackers )
  • I can highly recommend it to everyone

DUKE2510

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 20, 2013
sounds good man. thanks a lot for the description and fast response time as well!

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Have yo ever tried install Sleipnir 5 Browser and migrat all bookmarks of Firefox.
Sleipnir have high speed much more than custom Browsers.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
ESET Smart Security 7 is very good and light.Thanks for sharing your Config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.