Dumb Questions Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
When I came on today I see quite a few of the forums have been locked. Why is this done and will they be unlocked at some point or are they now dead?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At the moment, these are locked because they're either Old News, and Expired Giveaways have little or no purpose to remain open.
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-News-Archive
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Expired

Everywhere else, should be open to new posts and topics, except MRA where only thread starter can post.

Hope this helps. :D

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
At the moment, these are locked because they're either Old News, and Expired Giveaways have little or no purpose to remain open.

Or when Earth or Mr. X are feeling authoritarian. Bwahahaha ;)

Just kidding; two fine blokes there.

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
I was thinking especially about artist corner where I was told my work was not "digital". It was taken with a DSLR with background removed in Photoshop, it seemed petty digital to me! Now I suspect I don't know what digital is.

I

illumination

Gnosis said:
Well, it is not so humorous if the piece of junk won't start.

I have a universal tool for that problem, weighs ten pounds and has a wooden handle ;)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
FlyToAllWorld said:
why are they locked
give us the reason why
the MalwareTips public wants to post

This is not a topic to openly talk about on the forums,
if you are concerned about certain threads getting locked, then copy those links to the threads and send them by PM to the Administrators.

When a thread gets locked, we may not know which Mod or Admin locked them, therefore it would not be possible for all of us to know why.

By sending those links to the Administrators, they can look over the threads and see if there is a reason to open them again.

You can always start a new thread and include the link to the locked thread as reference. As long as that thread wasn't locked because it did not follow our forum rules.

Thanks. :D

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
Me Culpa! Sorry

Littlebits said:
FlyToAllWorld said:
why are they locked
give us the reason why
the MalwareTips public wants to post

This is not a topic to openly talk about on the forums,
if you are concerned about certain threads getting locked, then copy those links to the threads and send them by PM to the Administrators.

When a thread gets locked, we may not know which Mod or Admin locked them, therefore it would not be possible for all of us to know why.

By sending those links to the Administrators, they can look over the threads and see if there is a reason to open them again.

You can always start a new thread and include the link to the locked thread as reference. As long as that thread wasn't locked because it did not follow our forum rules.

Thanks. :D

I just did not know. Though I thought I understood most of the rules. I will know in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.