Expired DUMo Automatically Updates Your Hardware Drivers

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
upload_2018-2-10_13-10-41.png

Hello Everyone!

DUMo from KCsoftware is being given away at Bitsdujour! How sweet it is! (y)(y):D

See below for the description:

From the website:

Have you ever tried updating your own hardware drivers? Do you still bear the mental scars and anguish of that day? You thought it would be easy…until nothing worked right ever again. Time to grab onto some happy memories with today’s discount software promotion, DUMo!

DUMo keeps your PC updated with the most recent and correct versions of required hardware drivers. With DUMo, you’ll benefit from an intuitive user interface that leaves nothing to chance. Featuring automatic detection of installed hardware, DUMo will go forth and find the right drivers according to what version of Microsoft Windows you’re running.

Within mere moments, DUMo will have you back in the game as if nothing happened, but with shiny new drivers that will ensure that your PC will be running at top performance across all hardware innards!

Steps:

1) Go to this website: DUMo - System Stability Software - 100% off Discount for PC

2) Click on the green "Get It For Free" button

3) Confirm your purchase

4) If your not signed in please do so

5) A confirmation email will be sent to you.

6) Download the software and use the license code provided

I mainly download my updates manually, but this is a good tool to allow you to update drivers in a faster route.

Enjoy!

~Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Ummm...did the author changed the way this software works? Last I checked it didn't automatically download any drivers.

@Azure Phoenix This was the title from the authors at Bitsdujour - no it doesn't automatically update drivers, but I didn't folks to have confusion with my title vs. the title on their website.

it doesn't automatically update drivers and same for Sumo

@ItsReallyMe Correct! Very true!

Maybe he meant when you first install the soft it automatically finds updates for your drivers:)

@BryanB Yup!

See below... Bitsdujour's title makes it appear as though it does when it doesn't. I didn't want to make my title different from their title.

upload_2018-2-10_14-52-37.png

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Bummer. Just redirects you to the website of the driver's manufacturer. No actual download or download link

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Bummer. Just redirects you to the website of the driver's manufacturer. No actual download or download link
Everyone can go to driver's manufacturer website themselves, lol. I can't believe some still pay for this utter garbage. I really dislike any KC software. :( I call it a Trickware filled with redirects to malicous adds. (n)

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Everyone can go to driver's manufacturer website themselves, lol. I can't believe some still pay for this utter garbage. I really dislike any KC software. :( I call it a Trickware filled with redirects to malicous adds. (n)
The software isn't tricking you. It does exactly what it is supposed to do.

If you have many software or drivers, then SUMo and DUMo are highly useful since you can be aware when a new update is available. Also both of them are free

The only thing here that seems misleading is the title from the giveaway.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

If you have many software or drivers, then SUMo and DUMo are highly useful since you can be aware when a new update is available.
Informing of new drivers/software updates, where in reality at driver manufacturers/software vendors website they don't exist. True, highly useful. Not forgeting a fact, that in comparison page it states that Free version does NOT go directly to manuf. website, that means and I have seen in my practise while using it, that it redirects to many suspicious add websites. Good luck for happy clickers not ending up in a Malware Removal Assistance subforum.

It's a joke. It's something that the OEMs should provide. It's something that these driver OEMs can't get their act together after all these decades and provide a centralized clearinghouse for users to download and keep their drivers up-to-date.

I mean even I have a difficult time sorting out the absolute technical jumbled garbage of a disorganized mess that I find on the OEM driver\support websites. It can't be anyone's idea of "support" spending hours figuring out which drivers belong on their system(s).

On some OEM sites it's so painful sorting through the mess I might as well eat Ebola-chocolate chip cookies and get it over with.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It's a joke. It's something that the OEMs should provide. It's something that these driver OEMs can't get their act together after all these decades and provide a centralized clearinghouse for users to download and keep their drivers up-to-date.

I mean even I have a difficult time sorting out the absolute technical jumbled garbage of a disorganized mess that I find on the OEM driver\support websites. It can't be anyone's idea of "support" spending hours figuring out which drivers belong on their system(s).

On some OEM sites it's so painful sorting through the mess I might as well eat Ebola-chocolate chip cookies and get it over with.
But even that torture is better than the automated driver updater softwares. They are almost guaranteed to give you the wrong drivers.

But even that torture is better than the automated driver updater softwares. They are almost guaranteed to give you the wrong drivers.

That's why people should just adopt the general tactic of not updating drivers unless there is a problem. The issue with that is that people have to keep on top of security related driver and BIOS updates - which most people aren't going to stay informed about. So most Average Joes are best served by those preinstalled OEM automated driver check utilities.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017

@davisd Indeed skilled technicians can go to the driver's manufacturer website themselves. At this point of time I do not pay for this software. Usually, I grab the latest being offered through a giveaway to check things every once in a while. Personally, I keep 99% of my drivers up-to-date by myself, but I use this software to cross check what is out there to what is actually supported by my machines. I agree with @Lockdown as it is not easy to use all of the manufacture’s websites to find the correct driver for a piece of hardware.

@Lockdown Yes, it is a joke! More software and hardware manufactures should be providing better utilities to ensure that their products can stay up-to-date. OEMs should get their stuff together, because they should be the ones providing the best methods to ensure that their drivers are updated not some 3rd party. Every new computer I ever purchased I ended up spending hours just finding all of the correct drivers for the machines, because I knew that the manufacture of my computer will not provide me with the latest updates their website for all of my hardware. Indeed, for the average joe it is not advisable to have them be updating their drivers. However, in this day and age it is advisable for those who are tech. savvy to make sure their machines stay on par with ** some of the ** latest updates. **Sometimes the latest updates are not good such as the BIOS updates that came out after the Spectre and Meltdown issues came to light.

Why is the title of the giveaway the way it is? Well, it is the same title as it is on Bitsdujour as highlighted in my previous post:
upload_2018-2-11_11-11-56.png

Obviously, we all know it doesn't automatically update your hardware drivers as the title says it does - not fully true on Bitsdujour's and or KCSoftware's end. However, it is good to cross reference everything from time to time. As I have also mentioned I like to update my drivers manually and then cross reference from time to time with DUMo. DUMo isn't the end all be all solution either! I can think of one other softare that is 100% free that does a better job that I use too.

~Brian

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
the program only gives information "codename-date" of new drivers for each device, and in the links of each device that say: "download" only sends you directly to googlesearch so that you can look for it manually yourself. in short, it needs more features. It could be very good a program with the same ability to say that information with the link totally ready leading directly to the official page of the driver to start downloading!

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.