DVD Max Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Will I be able to put a 4.33 GB .ISO on a DVD? I am not sure of what their max space is.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Typical blank DVD's have 4.7GB of storage so you should be fine. Does it not say it anywhere on the packaging or DVD itself?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I have not looked yet. I simply did not know if some DVD's had a little more, or less, space than others. Thanks Tom

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
Standard DVD-R or DVD+R have 4.7 GB of space. DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL (Dual Layer) have 8.5GB of space. Your ISO will fit on a standard DVD with no problem :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Also if you are burning with imgburn last time i had a iso too big it warned me about it so that could help if your ever not sure

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Also if you are burning with imgburn last time i had a iso too big it warned me about it so that could help if your ever not sure

Cool. That is the burner I use.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
yea so if it doesnt ask you if you want to burn as much as possible before disc is full you should be good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.