EaseUS Todo Backup - Your views and experience?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I have been using aomei free for Some years and got the chance to upgrade to the professional edition Thanks to the awesome mt giveaway! Aomei suits my needs ; fast , safe, easy to understand. In my personal experiënce / humble opinion it is a winner!!

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I've tested EaseUS a long time ago on Windows 7 but I haven't been able to get a backup due to an error: "operation failed" if I remember well.
Probably just my experience but now I use with satisfaction Macrium and I don't see need to test other backup apps.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
This is the first time I am trying Imaging software.

I tried Macrium & liked it But free version dont have incremental backup.
I tried Aomei Pro & liked it But incremental backup takes long time i.e more than 10 mins.

I am trying EaseUS Todo Backup Workstation And "Incremental Backup" is fast & impressive i.e under 20 secs (currently I am testing incremental backup set to every 2 hours).
Its images can be accessed directly i.e double click & access like any other normal folder.
It has "smart backup" i.e rightclick any folder & set as smart backup & anything changed in the folder will be automatically backed up (haven't tested yet).

Its incremental backup is fast & impressive. BUT the most important thing is successful restore with such products (haven't tried restore yet But thinking of trying restore soon).

Its installer is app 115 MB. It has boot menu option Linux/WinPE And creation was fast. I tried both boot menu option And worked fine i.e entered boot console fine.

Overall I liked everything, GUI, full backup time, incremental backup fast & impressive, boot menu option, settings, etc...

The only & the most important thing left is "can it restore successfully & how fast is restore"?
If I try restore, will update here...

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
I used it for one year when i purchased it in 2014 christmas with 50% discount, in my system it takes 2 hours to back up 50 gb used space, and i take weekly incremental it takes 30 minutes, i had situation where i restore my system for 3 time which will be full system restore, it all takes me to restore 1 and half an hour to restore if i use validity check option for backed up file it will take totally 3 hours to restore, every backup and restore is rock solid and reliable, but there is one option when takinhg back up we need to enable the option check the vality of the back up file because when you enable this option then it will check intergirity of the file backed up. But it will takes complete 3 hours to complete the task. Sometime it will take more than 3 hours. Best of luck.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
kmr1684,

It seems they have improved a lot. With latest version (Todo Backup Workstation) it takes app 25 mins to do full backup of my system drive 48GB/100GB full.
Incremental Backup is set to "every 2 hours" here And each & every incremental backup was done app under 20 secs.

I think almost all imaging program by default keeps "verify" disabled.
But Yes, its good to verify or atleast verify before restore.

Reactions: jadinolf
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Tried backup/restore with Todo Backup Workstation.

C Partition 48GB/100GB Full, D Data Partition (Todo Backups saved on D Partition)

Full Backup - 30 Mins
Incremental Backup 1 - Under 20 Secs
Incremental Backup 2 - Under 20 Secs
Incremental Backup 3 - Under 20 Secs

Todo Backup Pre-OS Console (WinPE)
Restored to Incremental Backup 3 - 28 Mins

Checked system, everything fine.
chkdsk, sfc /scannow fine.

Only Google Chrome settings mentioned corrupted, reset settings. Reset settings fine.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have been using it for 4-5 years now. I have tested a lot of others, but Eseus Todo seems to be the perfectly balanced one. Imaging speed is good, though restore speed is a bit slow. But one big advantage is that the images never get corrupted (atleast never happened with me). I have kept images for a long time, copied them here and there, renamed them and what not, but images still worked. Another feature I like is the pre-OS environment, its very helpful. If you have a laptop and you forget to carry your recovery media and your OS crashed then the its really helpful. Others should also provide this feature. Though one thing to remember is that, different imaging software perform differently in each PC, use the one that performs best in your machine.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
jogs,

What EaseUS are you using i.e Free/Home/Business And what OS?

I am trying EaseUS Todo Workstation on Win 10 64 Pro And mentioned my first backup/restore experience in my previous posts.
I like it, good & easy GUI, options, light, Incremental backup fast & impressive & overall good.

I thought how EaseUS handles images if its taking backup & system is shutdown, etc...
So when my scheduled incremental backup kicked in, I restarted the system.
After system restart, I checked my backup folder And a new incremental was there.
I checked the new incremental i.e "check image" & EaseUS mentioned image error/bad image.
I checked image details from the GUI & now the bad image was not there in the image list BUT the bad image was still there in my backup folder.
I manually started incremental backup & completed fine.

Now I wonder what would happen if I try to restore to last incremental (previous incremental is bad in the chain & is there in my backup folder But not in image list in the GUI)?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've used EASEUS Todo backup free edition where simply the backup process is fine as it finished my 500GB occupied space within 1 hour and 30 minutes at high priority resource.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I've used EASEUS Todo backup free edition where simply the backup process is fine as it finished my 500GB occupied space within 1 hour and 30 minutes at high priority resource.
Yes, its speed is good.
Incremental Backup speed is impressive i.e few secs to couple mins.
I tried Restore & was successful.
Free version has incremental backup, Pre-OS console, etc...

Reactions: jadinolf and Parsh
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Here is my Todo Workstation logs i.e Full & Incremental backups start & finish time (Incremental set to every 2 hours for testing purpose).
Attached is the screenshot

Attachments

• Todo.png
    Todo.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 940
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
My further Incremental backup logs i.e Incremental backups start & finish time (Incremental set to every 2 hours for testing purpose).
I am impressed with its incremental backup speed/time, it beats Macrium incremental backup speed/time.
Attached is the screenshot

Attachments

• Todo.png
    Todo.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 707

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hi, There are 3 drives C, D, E. C is where Windows is installed. And you know there's also the system reserved partition (500Mb).
Using 'System Backup' option, I made a backup and is saved on E drive.
Now I wanna restore that System Backup since windows 10 isn't working well. In the windows app and in the preOS mode both, after I select that backup file to be restored, and then when it shows the available partitions for restore, it says "NO AVAILABLE TARGET DISCS FOR RECOVERY"
EDIT: I've switched to Windows 8.1 now. Now when I do the same, it shows all the drives without that error. Yet, it doesn't allow for selecting 1 drive for restoring the 'System Backup'. It has the only option to select the entire HDD for restore
OImvzf8.png

I understand. But the system backup would not have included D and E drives. So why should I select the entire HDD (C+D+E+System reserved) for restoration? Won't it mess with data in D, E drives?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Uncheck the check near "Hard Disk 0".
Select "System Reserve" & "C" & click proceed & post the screenshot.
Did you clicked "Browse Restore" option?

If you rightclick your backup plan & click restore, what window you get? Post the screenshot.

Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Uncheck the check near "Hard Disk 0".
Select "System Reserve" & "C" & click proceed & post the screenshot.
Did you clicked "Browse Restore" option?

If you rightclick your backup plan & click restore, what window you get? Post the screenshot.
Well, none of them is individually selectable after unchecking 'Hard Disc 0'. That's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.