EaseUS Todo Backup - Your views and experience?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I just installed Todo Home 9.2 & did full backup.

C partition backup saved on D partition

Here are the screenshots...
Main GUI - I clicked on "Recovery"
Recovery 1
Recovery 2

Its the same as you mentioned...I think it will restore System Reserve & C, no probs other partition.
Main GUI.png

Recovery 1.png
Recovery 2.png

Reactions: jadinolf

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I just installed Todo Home 9.2 & did full backup.

C partition backup saved on D partition

Here are the screenshots...
Main GUI - I clicked on "Recovery"
Recovery 1
Recovery 2

Its the same as you mentioned...I think it will restore System Reserve & C, no probs other partition.View attachment 132254
View attachment 132255 View attachment 132256
Appears to be the same. Have you tried this before and did it work? Gotta ask because I am skeptical about the other two partitions being overwritten too!
I'll backup those partitions and then try. Thanks for the help :D

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Appears to be the same. Have you tried this before and did it work? Gotta ask because I am skeptical about the other two partitions being overwritten too!
I'll backup those partitions and then try. Thanks for the help :D
I think its correct & other partition will not be overwritten.

Yes, backup other partition & give it a try...that way you will be sure.

As mentioned in the PM, I have tried restore with Workstation & Pre-OS console And with Pre-OS console it was little different i.e destination to restore had only 1 option & I do got the overwrite partition message in the screenshot And restore was fine.

And if you enable Pre-OS, by default it will be Linux Pre-OS And is limited in features.
For WinPE Pre-OS console, you have to run "create emergency disk" wizard, the wizard will create WinPE required files named "image" in the bin folder in Todo folder in programs & files And will also create an image to create USB recovery on desktop or selected folder with ISO option selected in the wizard And Linux Pre-OS will be replaced with WinPE Pre-OS console.

Reactions: jadinolf and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I think its correct & other partition will not be overwritten.

Yes, backup other partition & give it a try...that way you will be sure.

As mentioned in the PM, I have tried restore with Workstation & Pre-OS console And with Pre-OS console it was little different i.e destination to restore had only 1 option & I do got the overwrite partition message in the screenshot And restore was fine.

And if you enable Pre-OS, by default it will be Linux Pre-OS And is limited in features.
For WinPE Pre-OS console, you have to run "create emergency disk" wizard, the wizard will create WinPE required files named "image" in the bin folder in Todo folder in programs & files And will also create an image to create USB recovery on desktop or selected folder with ISO option selected in the wizard And Linux Pre-OS will be replaced with WinPE Pre-OS console.
Agree. Perfect!
I've now created that WinPE Emergency disc. Till now, I used to take only incremental system backups.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Todo Backup has Free/Home/Workstation/Server/Advanced Server versions.

Official website comparison table shows backup/restore speed difference for versions.

I asked in EaseUS forums on the above i.e backup/restore speed difference.

EaseUS staff replied -

Free < Home < Enterprise (Enterprise versions i.e Workstation/Server/Advanced Server have same backup/restore speed).

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Why?

Which version you tried & your experience please?
Latest Version 10.0
And reason,
I went to do a restore and it corrupted halfway through, I tried twice then it corrupted the image file!
Sorry for being none informal but when you rely on backup software and it fails you when you need it most you are bound to have a negative attitude.
I moved back to macrium free and not had any issues so far!

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@Andytay70,

What version you had?
You tried restore through GUI or Pre-OS or Bootable Disc?
Full Backup or Incremental Backup Restore?
Internal HDD or External HDD i.e Backup was saved.

I have Todo Workstation 10 And restore & everything works fine for me.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Todo Backup has Free/Home/Workstation/Server/Advanced Server versions.

Official website comparison table shows backup/restore speed difference for versions.

I asked in EaseUS forums on the above i.e backup/restore speed difference.

EaseUS staff replied -

Free < Home < Enterprise (Enterprise versions i.e Workstation/Server/Advanced Server have same backup/restore speed).

I tested i.e took "Full Backup" with ---

Todo Backup Home 9.2 (Licensed Version) - Full Backup Time - app 33 Mins
Todo Backup Home 10 (Free Version) - Full Backup Time - app 37 Mins (Windows Defender Updated...could be the reason for extra 4 Mins)
Todo Backup Home 10 (Trial Version) - Full Backup Time - app 33 Mins
Todo Backup Workstation 10 (Licensed Version) - Full Backup Time - app 33 Mins

All the versions completed "Full Backup" in app 33 Mins

Todo Backup Home 10 (Free Version) took extra 4 Mins...And I have mentioned above...could be due to "Windows Defender Updated" during backup process & slowed down the backup process...could be the reason for extra 4 Mins.

So, it seems "backup speed is same" in all the versions And not different as mentioned by EaseUS staff.

Attached are the screenshots ---

EaseUS staff reply was "The backup speed will be almost the same if they are making the backup for the regular small files. The backup method of Home and higher versions mainly improved the backup speed of defragments and large data."

Dont know about EaseUS staff reply? Are they evading the topic or could be correct info?

Attachments

• Todo Backup 10 Free.jpg
    Todo Backup 10 Free.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 485
  • Todo Backup Home 9.2.jpg
    Todo Backup Home 9.2.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 488
  • Todo Backup Home 10 Trial.jpg
    Todo Backup Home 10 Trial.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 516
  • Todo Backup Workstation 10.jpg
    Todo Backup Workstation 10.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 568

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
the only thing I wanna say is: everyone, get rid of all EaseUs's products!!!
I used to use EaseUs partition manager to expand my partition. I was sure I did the exact same things they recommended in the guide. After the process, my HDD's MBR was completely corrupted and could no longer be fixed. I checked their forum, many users had the exact same problem but there was no real solution, just copy & paste/useless replies and excuses from the staffs

I wanted to expand C: drive. EaseUS destroyed everything uncluding D, E and reserved partitions, the drive was not able to be recongized by rescue windows or anything. I must have formatted everything and accepted that all my valuable datas had been lost

Bob B

Oct 15, 2017
I don't know how anyone is getting their restores to be so quick.
My experience (and I have the paid version - 10.0) is that the backup takes less than 30 mins for 86 GB, but the restore option is at 4 hr 30 mins and it says it still has 1 hr 30 mins to go (which is NOT right because it said that over 2 hours ago).
I have a fairly fast computer with 16 GB of RAM with Win7 64-bit and a I-7 processor.

I have had this same experience before with my old computer - with it taking over 6-7 hours for a restore.
I don't understand how a program can take so long to restore when it takes less than 30 mins to make the image in the first place.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I don't know how anyone is getting their restores to be so quick.
My experience (and I have the paid version - 10.0) is that the backup takes less than 30 mins for 86 GB, but the restore option is at 4 hr 30 mins and it says it still has 1 hr 30 mins to go (which is NOT right because it said that over 2 hours ago).
I have a fairly fast computer with 16 GB of RAM with Win7 64-bit and a I-7 processor.

I have had this same experience before with my old computer - with it taking over 6-7 hours for a restore.
I don't understand how a program can take so long to restore when it takes less than 30 mins to make the image in the first place.
Welcome to MalwareTips Bob B

I have endured that same predicament in the past and in my experience it is usually 1 of 2 things, hard drive errors or the software itself is not well done or intuitive, if you change 1 or 2 of the available options given it throws the program for a loop. I'm using the onboard windows backup in windows 7 and can't complain. Their was a recent giveaway of Paragon which I've used and liked. The current cyber favorite is Macrium Reflex and I believe they offer a free version.

Good luck and again, Welcome.

Reactions: jadinolf and XhenEd

CluelessInMN

Oct 1, 2018
I joined after seeing someone ask for screenshots of what was happening with their EaseUS software. After what I've experienced with EaseUS Todo Backup, I really wish that I had found this forum before buying it. It's disappointing but I'll be contacting them for a full refund in the morning. Thank you for the information included here. ~CluelessInMN

Attachments

• easeus1.jpg
    easeus1.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 473
  • easeus2.jpg
    easeus2.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 387
  • easeus3.jpg
    easeus3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 365
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.