Ebooks, Ereaders, Nook, Kindle, Adobe

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
I enjoy reading & read 4-5 hours almost every day except Wednesday & Sunday -- the days when my adult children visit to play RPGs with me.

I tried reading books on my PC -- buy/download from HERE and read via Adobe. However, I did not at all enjoy extensive reading via computer monitor. So I now read mostly ebooks via Amazon's Kindle or Barnes & Noble's Nook.

I give preference to the Nook because, thanks to Amazon, Barnes & Noble (B&N) is THE last major seller of print books via brick & mortar stores. B&N still has stores in just about every major city. I MUCH prefer print books over digital -- even though I now read digital almost exclusively.

Which is better -- Nook or Kindle? I haven't yet been able to decide. Have you?

What's my favorite type of fiction? Fantasy. What's yours?

My favorite author of fantasy? L.E. Modesitt Jr. Your favorite author?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I prefer books myself but, nowadays, I am rarely able to leave my home to visit B&N.
You might wanna check this other thread if you like books as it got some good recommendations also included with their ISBN numbers. Smart gift/present now for Christmas. (y)

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I'm with those who retain a preference for books. I do have an e-reader, a quite old Bookeen Cybook Odyssey, it has no illuminated screen. I like this fact as it is not yet another bright screen that I have to look at after spending the working day doing a lot of that. I tend to use it when traveling, the portability of carrying a library of ebooks around unsurprisingly wins out over the printed format.

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
I like to read old school books.
Interesting! Have you read the McGuffey Readers -- classic school books of yore. They are still bing printed but the older ones are "collectibles" so -- if you have any -- hang on to them so that your great-grandkids can turn a handsome profit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@Digmor Crusher -- the presently active volcanos (Moana Lua & Kilauea) are on the big island of Hawaii. I am on Oahu. Unlike volcanos elsewhere, Hawaii's are non-violent/friendly. You can actually get quite close to Kilauea's caldera. Watching lava flow when it reaches the ocean is quite spectacular.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nevi

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Interesting! Have you read the McGuffey Readers -- classic school books of yore. They are still bing printed but the older ones are "collectibles" so -- if you have any -- hang on to them so that your great-grandkids can turn a handsome profit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@Digmor Crusher -- the presently active volcanos (Moana Lua & Kilauea) are on the big island of Hawaii. I am on Oahu. Unlike volcanos elsewhere, Hawaii's are non-violent/friendly. You can actually get quite close to Kilauea's caldera. Watching lava flow when it reaches the ocean is quite spectacular.
No I have not, but I will look at it. I have heard about them. Thanks. :)

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Have you read it? is it worth it? i've read some ''Networking All-in-One For Dummies 8th Edition'' its fun to learning it this is my first time i try different titles :)

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.