Edge & Smartscreen efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
why Edge and smartscreen aren't so bad

The cyber security product research, testing, and advisory company conducted two global tests to measure how effective web browsers are at blocking current threats targeting Internet users, and discovered that the apps that blocked the most attacks overall also blocked URLs the fastest.

Microsoft Edge Tops Browser Protection Tests | SecurityWeek.Com

some food for thought.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I've been saying it for a long time, SmartScreen can be really good if used properly. Even if you aren't using Edge, if you are using SmartScreen system-wide then it'll be extremely beneficial... User Account Control too! :)

I also keep saying it everywhere but you always have "mr. noob but wannabe-expert" that will contradict the facts in their pseudo-blogs.

add SUA, UAC at Max, smartscreen and Windows Defender; then don't blindly click "yes" to executables you don't know the functions (do some research first), and i can guarantee you few infections without bloating/smashing your system like security products does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.