Any suggestions?

Edit:
OS Security Updates: Automatic Updates
On-demand Scanners: Hitmanpro
System Image Backup Software: Macrium Reflect

Edit:
On-demand Scanners: Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Browsers and Extensions: uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere
Frequently used System Utilities: CCleaner.

Last edited:

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
You're backing up to Dropbox? How?

You need a backup solution, you leave a lot of fields blank, and I can't say I'm confident that you'll be secure much at all.

If you're gonna play with the bull, at least implement a backup solution. Data backup (Rollback Rx Home) and System backup (Macrium Reflect) are free and easy to use. If you install those and have a major issue, at least you'll have a backup!

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hello, many people think that Windows updates are a waste of time, useless, or even harmful.
Other people think that updating Windows, you get increased security because some of the critical vulnerabilities are patched.

You're running Windows 7, old enough, but very popular, even more than Windows 10.
Many malware can infect your system by exploiting security vulnerabilities unpatched through the updates, simply because the user has turned off Windows update.

So good choice to switch Windows update to Automatic but please edit your config about this.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Have you given any thought about moving to Windows 10.
You seem to have made some changes that you either omitted or weren't using.
Hopefully your really are updating your OS with important updates.If not your leaving yourself very vulnerable and your OS is not secure.
Backing up data to an external drive is always a good idea even when using Dropbox or similar storage.
Personally I would remove IObit Malware Fighter and consider adding an on on demand scanner such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit to replace it.
I would add HTTPS Everywhere to Firefox and consider adding CCleaner for one of your system utilities.
IObit Uninstaller is a good program.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

donzzi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 6, 2017
Have you given any thought about moving to Windows 10.
You seem to have made some changes that you either omitted or weren't using.
Hopefully your really are updating your OS with important updates.If not your leaving yourself very vulnerable and your OS is not secure.
Backing up data to an external drive is always a good idea even when using Dropbox or similar storage.
Personally I would remove IObit Malware Fighter and consider adding an on on demand scanner such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit to replace it.
I would add HTTPS Everywhere to Firefox and consider adding CCleaner for one of your system utilities.
IObit Uninstaller is a good program.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Thanks,
Do you think Emsisoft Emergency Kit is better than IObit Malware Fighter ?:)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks,
Do you think Emsisoft Emergency Kit is better than IObit Malware Fighter ?:)
In my personal opinion EEK is better, without a doubt.

Thanks i update my config !

Thanks, why to replace adblock with uBlock Origin ?
uBlock O. proves to be the best anti-ads available with a lower consumption of RAM and CPU, and a greater speed in the web pages loading, that's why :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.