Advice Request EEK and Anti-Malware Network?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
EEK has an option to opt-in anti-malware network

I performed a full scan and a manual scan with EICAR test file. During these time, I monitored outbound connections but EEK never connected to the internet regardless of the detection

my questions are:
1/ what is the purpose of the anti-malware network/cloud in EEK? I don't care about EAM
2/ if the signatures are not updated, will the files be checked with the cloud? Does the cloud only work with realtime protection in the paid version?

D

Deleted member 178

my questions are:
1/ what is the purpose of the anti-malware network/cloud in EEK? I don't care about EAM
2/ if the signatures are not updated, will the files be checked with the cloud? Does the cloud only work with realtime protection in the paid version?

from the help file of EEK.

"You can join the Emsisoft Anti-Malware Network, our cloud based database that stores information about all types of programs, good and bad, and checks them in real time. By opting in you give the program permission to collect anonymous information about malware it finds on your computer, which helps improve our products’ overall malware detection capabilities."

anyway i will ask about it to be sure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.