Eiso's Config

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
My ex-wife is a big loser and has stolen from me in the past. Am I paranoid? Nope. Thats why I got LifeLock many years ago. KeyScramber does nothing against banking malware. Trusteer Rapport is a better choice. You cant live your life in fear wondering and thinking "What if". Everyone needs to enjoy there lives and there pc's.

http://www.lifelock.com/

Eiso

Thread author
Nov 25, 2011
Jack said:
I usually like to keep a light config when it comes to real-time protection , so I would let only CIS run in real time but then again I see that you have your reasons for using this setup....
You have a lot of software running in real time , did you experience any problems ? Are you using any special settings for CIS?

You can also try thewolfsmith72 suggestion , Cocoon is a solid and free add-on that can help you stay anonymous.
I;m sure I don't need you to tell to stay away from Facebook and other social networks if you suspect that you are being stalked while online.

If you are looking for a good Virtualization/Rollback software I strongly recommend that you give Shadow Defender a try :

Shadow Defender at work:
Uploaded by languy99

Another good alternative would be Returnil.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Indeed, all my real-time protection runs flawlessly. In contrast, my system seems faster than it used to be, using very little resource.

:) I had a good look at cocoon, I like what they offer, though I think I'm after a more reputable paid service with history spanning over a decade. Preferrably under the US jurisdiction.

I have learnt my lesson with Facebook. I only visit across my iOS devices seperate from my main setup and network.

Shadow Defender looks grand, I'll be playing with that today.

Thanks much guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Chiron, a super moderator from this site wrote a very good guide on how to setup CIS , if you have the time you can check it out .. maybe you'll find some useful tweaks..
Link : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Guide-on-how-to-install-and-configure-Comodo-Firewall

I

illumination

Eiso said:
I had a good look at cocoon, I like what they offer, though I think I'm after a more reputable paid service with history spanning over a decade. Preferrably under the US jurisdiction.

Cocoon's server is based out of California.. Running CIS and this plugin, your system will be quite secure..

CapturePNG9.png

Eiso

Thread author
Nov 25, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
Eiso said:
I had a good look at cocoon, I like what they offer, though I think I'm after a more reputable paid service with history spanning over a decade. Preferrably under the US jurisdiction.

Cocoon's server is based out of California.. Running CIS and this plugin, your system will be quite secure..

CapturePNG9.png

Thanks thewolfsmith72, :) I like the sound of that. Though, am I right to believe the service only extends to internet browsers and not all internet facing applications? Also, how does cocoon sustain income?

I

illumination

Eiso said:
thewolfsmith72 said:
Eiso said:

CapturePNG9.png

Thanks thewolfsmith72, :) I like the sound of that. Though, am I right to believe the service only extends to internet browsers and not all internet facing applications? Also, how does cocoon sustain income?

Once you install the plugin to firefox, you have the option to use it or not once you open the browser, if you enable it, everything you do on the net, will be tunneled through their Encrypted server.. Here is a link for their Company Info and at the bottom you will find a list of Investors...

Company Info

Eiso

Thread author
Nov 25, 2011
Sir, you have hit the nail on the head with where my worries lay. Thank you for understanding.

Any further suggestions welcome. :)

I

illumination

Eiso said:
Sir, you have hit the nail on the head with where my worries lay. Thank you for understanding.

Any further suggestions welcome. :)

You are more then welcome..

CIS with Firefox and Cocoon is an excellent combo.. The only other thing in your config i could suggest, is like some of the others have stated, a good back up, and maybe a password manager like last pass to encrypt your passwords...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems a lot of security application running there since it would not increased but lessen the protection.

CIS all you need there since it covers all the features.

Eiso

Thread author
Nov 25, 2011
Added AntiLogger to my main setup. No conflicts with Comodo, however I notice CCE's Autoruns states it as 'Unknown' and 'Unsafe' on and off (some scans it states its Safe, some scans otherwise) definitely a false positive :)

I get the feeling that I need more security. What else can I add? I hate this mentality :p

Oh, but I'm definitely looking for a Kaspersky Vulnerability scanner equivelant. :) That thing is great! When I used their products, and did a scan, it fixed quite a few settings I missed during local security policy editing.

P

Plexx

I doubt you need more security. Your config is already overkill as it is. The more you add will just be irrelevant.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.