Showcase ElementaryOS

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
Built a PC for fun from extra PC parts.

CPU, memory, and motherboard are new parts. I wanted a cheap Linux PC that's also decently powerful. Ubuntu wouldn't play nice with my graphics card so I switched to Elementary OS.

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@advanced_skill: If you really want a cheap Linux PC then you can go to Puppy Linux derivatives anytime. ;) It can run well even a low specification machine as long it does not provide issues like System Hang. ;)

K Atari

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2015
Just a heads up. Elementary OS is based on Ubuntu. I don't know if that will cause problems with your graphics card later down the road.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@advanced_skill: If you really want a cheap Linux PC then you can go to Puppy Linux derivatives anytime. ;) It can run well even a low specification machine as long it does not provide issues like System Hang. ;)
Really love puppy linux & how it can just run inside ram. I mean u could remove the bootable media and it will still be running like nothing happened. It's very functional but just hate the UI.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.