Elmo's System

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi @Elmo.:) "Is Linux impenetrable?" is a very good question.o_O My gut instinct screams out nothing is impenetrable, but it's fascinating, this idea, which begs raising further debate.:) I'm relatively new to Linux, & still learning (hopefully) at the average rate of a newbie.:rolleyes: I split my posts on MT evenly between (1) lubuntu system version 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) booted beside our (now retired in suspended animation) Windows XP Sp 3, one Windows system 7, & an 8.1 respectively.
The latest tip for Linux I've recently found & will share was about a cleaning software called BleachBit here on these threads:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-do-registry-and-system-cleaning-in-linux.26335/#post-190954
Thank you for sharing, for me, the very 1st Linux Debian Wheezy I've read about.;):p
I hope you'll share how it performs, whether you've come from having been a former (fellow) Windows user, & whether you were able (like myself) to use your old hardware on which to install Wheezy. I hope you'll enjoy being a member, keep coming back, & I shall look forward to further thought provoking questions such as "How can I make Linux impenetrable?":D

Elmo

Thread author
May 4, 2014
The latest tip for Linux I've recently found & will share was about a cleaning software called BleachBit here on these threads:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-do-registry-and-system-cleaning-in-linux.26335/#post-190954
Thank you for sharing, for me, the very 1st Linux Debian Wheezy I've read about.;):p
I hope you'll share how it performs, whether you've come from having been a former (fellow) Windows user, & whether you were able (like myself) to use your old hardware on which to install Wheezy. I hope you'll enjoy being a member, keep coming back, & I shall look forward to further thought provoking questions such as "How can I make Linux impenetrable?":D

hiya! I am a linux user of 6 years and have never noticed any slowing down of any system (opensuse/fedora/ubuntu studio/ubuntu). i looked up bleachbit and came across this:
http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2012/07/do-not-use-bleachbit/ and this: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/newbie/199978-safe-use-bleach-bit-linux-mint.html
I have no need for it, and am wary of installing a surplus application which could potentially harm my system, so i'll politely decline :(

I was a mac user before linux and decided recently that windows must die, following a brief clash with windows 8 on a new machine. I was on windows 8 for 2 days before I remembered that windows needs an antivirus... luckily there was one installed. To be fair to windows, the average user can't completely bollocks up the system so it won't reboot, so it's got the upper hand there. Otherwise, linux rocks! :cool:

linux installs on old hardware far more easily than new. I had arguments getting ubuntu onto the win8 machine (i5 acer) recently, but managed it (eventually) despite the hardware being unsupported. I'm back on the old machine (i5 vaio), the touchpad is way better. It survived death by coffee, knocked in by a big hairy numpty called Sam, a large white german shepherd. I pulled the battery straight off, then 3 weeks on top of the boiler and bobs your uncle, it's groovy. :p

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
"I'm back on the old machine (i5 vaio), the touchpad is way better.":eek: "It survived death by coffee, knocked in by a big hairy numpty called Sam, a large white german shepherd."

LOL..:D*breath*...lol,:p ...and now I'm still *smiling*!:):D ;)

Reactions: Venustus and Elmo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.