Elon Musk Claims Apple Has 'Mostly Stopped' Offering Ads on Twitter and Is Making Moderation Demands

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Apple has cut back on its Twitter advertising, according to Twitter CEO Elon Musk. In a tweet, Musk said that Apple has "mostly stopped" its Twitter ads, asking if Apple hates "free speech."

Musk went on to publish a poll asking if Apple should "publish all censorship actions" taken that impact customers and he began retweeting content from companies that Apple has had moderation discussions with. He also retweeted the 1984 parody video from Epic Games that suggested Apple has an App Store monopoly.

Full article

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

The Jaguar electric car looked much better, but price performance wise the boring Tesla beat the well designed Jaguar.

The Ford Mustang electric looked way much interesting and fun to drive, but the awful looking Tesla ypsilon beat the appealing muscle car on price.

The BWM I4 not only looks like a driver's car, but also outperformed the riskless boring Tesla dual engine in driveabilty, performance against an equal price.

I hope other car manufacturers will follow BWM's example so cash cowTesla will generate less cash in future to limit the power iof this 'free speech' advocate,

II am not against free speech, free choices, etc. But free in Elon Musk book is let the companies decide.. I wonder how the thousands of fired Twitter employees feel about Elon's interpretation of free.

Last edited by a moderator:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Can Elon afford to lose this?

If even one big advertiser leaves, others may follow, and they have (like Eli Lily and Volkswagon). With a platform like this, he needs to consider taking a road more down the middle, not leaning so much one way. You know, like Twitter was before he messed it up.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Can Elon afford to lose this?

If even one big advertiser leaves, others may follow, and they have (like Eli Lily and Volkswagon). With a platform like this, he needs to consider taking a road more down the middle, not leaning so much one way. You know, like Twitter was before he messed it up.
Both Apple and Google have signaled they will remove the application from their stores. And Musk is blaming everyone but his lousy administration for making Twitter a sinking ship... Firing most of the staff and shutting down essential security services like 2FA by phone, just to mention a few...

Now Twitter was already in trouble before him but many people are just giving up now.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Twitter was a garbage for quite some time already.
Platform completely dominated by lefties who are raging now because suddenly they are being confroted with opinions they hate to hear (that's why they call it "hate speech").
I am grabbing some popcorn, seat back and watch :ROFLMAO:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Platform completely dominated by lefties who are raging now because suddenly they are being confroted with opinions they hate to hear (that's why they call it "hate speech")
You must mean baseless conspiracy theories, which most sensible folk find to be useless info, and many of them will tune out Twitter. Elon will be right at home with Trump, Kanye Ye and friends! :LOL:

I suppose journalists and governments may need to find new platforms as well.

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
The takeover revealed issues in Twitter, e.g., even with thousands of employees removed the system is still working. Maybe similar will be revealed about other companies that worked with it.

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
so that real fake news may reign once again on Twitter. :LOL:
:LOL::LOL:
By fake news I guess you mean opinions that conflict with your own worldview... It was quite clear Twitter was infested with woke far left extremists. Getting rid of them will make the platform better for everyone. I also found it funny how the woke Ukraine flag wavers claimed Musk is pro-Putin, yet Musk has given Ukraine more aid than all the Ukraine flag wavers combined (Starlink). I guess some people like to talk and whine, while some just make things happen.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Does Elon Musk Understand...
On Monday, Musk took time away from dismantling Twitter, sh*tposting, and engaging with his army of troll whisperers to launch a pre-emptive war against Apple.

He began by complaining that Apple “has mostly stopped advertising on Twitter.”

“Do they hate free speech in America?” he asked.

This raised the question whether he actually understood either free speech or the free market. As David French (and a host of other economically literate commentators) noted, “A private corporation's decision to advertise (or not) on a given social media platform is an exercise of free speech. So are Musk's/Twitter's moderation decisions. If Twitter wants to be more like Gab, it can be! But other free citizens get to choose their level of participation.”

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
By fake news I mean views not based on facts, e.g. like lies about a stolen U.S. election. I respect all opinions based on facts.
Which elections are you talking about? Both sides are claiming the elections were "stolen". Democrats claim 2016 elections were "stolen", while Republicans claim 2020 elections were "stolen". No real proof has been found in either case, yet it seems like Twitter was censoring just Republican conspiracy theories while allowing Democrat conspiracy theories to run wild on the platform.

• HaHa
Reactions: oldschool
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

By fake news I guess you mean opinions that conflict with your own worldview... It was quite clear Twitter was infested with woke far left extremists. Getting rid of them will make the platform better for everyone. I also found it funny how the woke Ukraine flag wavers claimed Musk is pro-Putin, yet Musk has given Ukraine more aid than all the Ukraine flag wavers combined (Starlink). I guess some people like to talk and whine, while some just make things happen.
Don't bother posting any positive contributions Musk has made to the world on this forum. People have formed their opinions and will not change. They will not pay any attention. :mad:(n)

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
Gotta always love people who are so out of touch with reality that they think the world's most successful serial entrepreneur "doesn't know what he's doing" 🤣 Considering he's amassed over $200B fortune and been at the forefront of green energy transformation among countless other things, pretty sure he knows exactly what he's doing. Objectively the guy's track record is pretty much flawless. Love it or hate it.

I believe the reason why he's so invested now with Twitter and freedom of speech is because he understands innovation will slow down tremendously if one is not able to exchange ideas due to out of fear of being censored, cancelled or banned. Its the control freaks who want to control the narrative and really, enforce their own ideology onto others who are so upset about him standing up against that type of mob rule mindset.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Considering he's amassed over $200B fortune
Some say it is closer to a trillion now.(y) A couple thousand years ago, he would have been called King Solomon because of his wealth and wisdom.

Thank you for having the ability to put my thoughts into written words.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
  • HaHa
Reactions: ForgottenSeer 97327

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.