Elza Browser

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I game across this browsers the other day it appears to be a very minimalist chromium based tor type browser that uses Onion routing
Elza Browser
GitHub

You don't need to install it just down load and launch it, onion routing can be turned on or off so you can use it either way. It is very a very minimal browser you can't even copy and paste with a mouse you have to use keyboard commands to say copy a url.

One issue that is listed on their github and I tested it myself using BrowserLeaks - Web Browser Fingerprinting - Browsing Privacy is it has a Web RTC leak that will leak your IP even with onion routing activated so best used with a VPN if you have onion routing activated.

Last edited:

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I found away to stop that WebRTC leak, you can't use extensions with this browser, which is to be expected since the point of making this as vanilla as possible is so every user looks identical which similar to what Tor does.

However if you have Adguard Desktop, go to Browser Assistant and enable the legacy non browser extension, next, under its Network settings add this browser to its list of filtered browsers then enable block WebRTC under Stealth Mode settings. Start the browser and you should see the Adguard shield icon and no more IP leak, you still might want a VPN up and running though.

So far from my limited testing of this browser there are no bells and whistles so to speak but it is blazing fast with onion routing activated compared to Tor.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.