I received Email too a few days ago but it went straight to spam box.
What are you using for spam? And was this for a personal or business email account?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I received Email too a few days ago but it went straight to spam box.
If the hoax mail comes (apparently) from your same email address, it doesn't mean that the criminal has violated your mail box. It is simply a trick, indeed it is very easy to spoof the sender's address of a mail, as already mentioned.I received one and after I changed my password, I got another one. I checked my sent file, and the emails were there. It seems to me like he is actually using my email, and has been able to override my pw changes. I don’t have a webcam or anything but am concerned about the possiblity of ratware or malware. One mentioned a rat.
Does the fact that it showed up in my sent mailbox mean that it was indeed sent from my account? I have had the spoofs before, but those never came from me or showed up in my sent box. As for a scan, does anyone have a suggestion for iPads? We always had norton or mcafee on our laptops.If the hoax mail comes (apparently) from your same email address, it doesn't mean that the criminal has violated your mail box. It is simply a trick, indeed it is very easy to spoof the sender's address of a mail, as already mentioned.
If you are concerned about a Rat/malware infection, try to scan your system with your AV plus some antimalware as Zemana, Malwarebytes or Emsisoft EK.
Got one a couple of hours ago. I know its a spam, it wasn't in my sent file.
Buy what I want to know is: How can I find their email?
Header Info:
Return-Path: <euromsg@euro-msg.info>
Received: from server2.watchesmap.com ([185.24.233.105]) by mx.perfora.net
(mxeueus002 [74.208.5.3]) with ESMTPS (Nemesis) id 0LgWdn-1fhxNi1e4b-00noKh
for <MyEmail>; Wed, 07 Nov 2018 09:04:07 +0100
Received: from server2.watchesmap.com ([185.24.233.105]) by mx.perfora.net
(mxeueus002 [74.208.5.3]) with ESMTPS (Nemesis) id 0LgWdn-1fhxNi1e4b-00noKh
for <MyEmail>; Wed, 07 Nov 2018 09:04:07 +0100
Received: by server2.watchesmap.com (Postfix, from userid 10001)
id DCC418793D; Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:50:24 -0500 (EST)
To: MyEmail
Subject: MyEmail was hacked.
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 10001:c.php
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type:text/html;charset=UTF-8
From: <MyEmail>
Message-Id: <20181106165024.DCC418793D@server2.watchesmap.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:50:24 -0500 (EST)
Envelope-To: <MyEmail>
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-UI-Filterresults: junk:10;V01:K0:Vn5TyDSUsx0=:8az0pCO9UNoHrTki3jeP59fRKoPg
I've tried various forms of the .com,.net, .info but keep getting a bounce back.
BTW, I'm also a 419Baiter...
I
just
want
to
play
.....
These emails always appear to come from your email address. However, they are not actually being sent from your email, they just spoof your email address to make it look like you are the sender.I got the exact same email. The weird thing was that the email was sent from my email (From me to me) Does that mean anything?
Thank you so much! I was freaked out at the start when I first read this email but you all are experts and it makes tons of sense that this is just fake.These emails always appear to come from your email address. However, they are not actually being sent from your email, they just spoof your email address to make it look like you are the sender.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes