EMB117 setup

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
bogdan said:
You don't have to disable UAC. It is just his preference. Actually if you are not bothered by UAC pop-ups I recommend you leave it as it is by default.

yep, Do not turn off UAC, it is necessary if there is something suspicious files we will know it, a little help from windows feature

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I would appreciate a screen shot of defense+ logs (CIS --> Defense+ --> view defense+ events). I ask you so taht we can give you accurate answer.

Regards,
Valentin N

D

Deleted member 178

EMB117 said:
The only think im alittle worried about is the lag. I tried CIS a couple of weeks ago but cmdagent.exe went up to 100% in cpu usage, what is causing that? CIS is so great, was that a one time happening or will/could it happen again?

if my memory is good, The occasionnal cmdagent.exe excessive cpu usage came from the antivirus component when it update or execute a full scan. it was reported in the Comodo Forum, you should check it there:

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cmdagent-taking-up-cpu-slows-down-everything-t69191.0.html

i dont know if the bug have been fixed in the latest update.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.