Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.1.0.8407 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.1.0.8407 released. This release includes fixes, enhancements and stability improvements.

This update will require an application restart.

• New: Redesigned Behavior Blocker panel that combines application rules with active application processes.
  • New: Simplified application rules editor that integrates with the ‘Exclude from monitoring’ list.
  • New: Application rule templates with wildcard- and environment variables support, to be defined via Emsisoft Enterprise Console.
  • New: Ability to connect Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Emsisoft Enterprise Console via script for automation.
  • Improved: Forensics log view settings are now automatically saved.
  • Fixed: Crash when starting a scan from the tray-icon.
  • Several minor tweaks and fixes.

read more here

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Why is it that EAM in mine fails to "restart" at the application level? It would throw an error saying that it couldn't connect to the driver, and so needed for a system restart. So far with EAM's updates, I would need to restart the system. I suspect that HMP.A is the culprit.

Anyway, mine got completely updated after a system restart. :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Interesting there was an update last night -- a few hours before it came out, I attempted to install the then-current version of EAM from the web installer.
It installed okay on Windows 10, but after switching back and forth between user accounts, I got a BSOD, so I imaged back to my previous Windows Defender config.
If anyone thinks they might know why it glitched out on me, I would be happy to hear.
Windows 10 x64 RS3
Appguard
OSArmor

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.