Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2019.11.1.9884

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Today’s minor update to Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2019.11.1.9884 fixes the following issues:
  • Issue with scheduled scans.
  • Rare application hang when switching between Workspaces.

Antus67

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Nov 3, 2019
First of all, Emsisoft Anti-Malware is undoubtedly one of the most favorite anti-malware programs among home computer users. It is easy to use, highly configurable. Plus, it doesn’t put too much pressure on your computer so you can do other tasks while the scanner is checking the entire computer system. Despite being a lightweight program, it effectively destroys even the most stubborn malware variants – even rootkits.
One of the disadvantages of this anti-malware software is the fact that it sometimes identifies legitimate files as malware. This can confuse inexperienced computer users and force them to waste time trying to contact Emsisoft’s support for further information. Overall, this program is an excellent tool to prevent malware attacks and keep your daily computer use experience safer.

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
My experience with Emsisoft was that it was heavy on my system, and very expensive compared to say Kaspersky, Norton or Bitdefender which often have good discount deals.

I have never found a discount deal for Emsisoft. Maybe they're out there, but imho it's not worth the price.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
One of the disadvantages of this anti-malware software is the fact that it sometimes identifies legitimate files as malware. This can confuse inexperienced computer users and force them to waste time trying to contact Emsisoft’s support for further information.
This is true, the behavior blocker is extremely sensitive and prone to false positives and depends on cloud whitelisting a lot. It's better to use it in "Alert" mode so that it doesn't quarantine everything it finds suspicious.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
My experience with Emsisoft was that it was heavy on my system, and very expensive compared to say Kaspersky, Norton or Bitdefender which often have good discount deals.

I have never found a discount deal for Emsisoft. Maybe they're out there, but imho it's not worth the price.
About price. It seems that the sales agent in each country has its own discount. In Japan, it is sold at a slightly lower price than Kaspersky or eset.:)

WhiteMouse

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2017
I'd pay extra for Kaspersky if I lived in Japan.

Attachments

• DJOto7sXgAA_Jih.jpg
    DJOto7sXgAA_Jih.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 516
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Too expensive for a product that has nothing new in protection or anything else that justifies this price compared to others, you get the same protection or even better using a free antivirus.

Actually I would argue that is one thing that makes Emsisoft great. They take the approach that only focuses on things that improve security and things that the product only really needs. IMHO I find many security suites way to bloated with a lot of useless stuff. I don't need another password manager, anti-spam module (vast majority of people use web based email ie: Outlook, Gmail), system optimizers, etc. Since virtually every vendor comes out with a new version each year, I highly doubt that with each version there's enough of a difference from last year to say "hey we made a significant improvement to the overall protection capabilities of this product. Sure it does happen over time, but I highly doubt that they can truly say that every year with each new version release.;)

Modern internet users are as cheap as they come. They don’t want to pay for quality, or anything really.

Ya that's pretty much sums it up. People don't want to pay for anything anymore, they want everything for free. I think that people just assume that everything is free on the internet now a days.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Too expensive for a product that has nothing new in protection or anything else that justifies this price compared to others, you get the same protection or even better using a free antivirus.
1- one of the most knowledgeable lead developer on the planet. A reference in the security field.
2- one of the most efficient Behavior Blocker.
3- privacy conscious company.
4- No bloat, ads and other useless crap in the software.

yes sure if for you it is nothing so keep using Free AVs that :
1- hire cheap devs from emerging countries which leave after few months...
2- average features.
3- collect and resell your datas.
4- push ads , install extensions, cleaners, web filters acting like MITM, anti-spam, etc...

If i have money, i rather buy quality products. Now if i don't have, that is another story.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I got it on a deal with other software I wanted it ended up being very inexpensive, as i'm obsessed with icons & desktops it really, really needs a new tray icon (that's it's only issue) On their forum someone else mentioned this & Emsisoft thinks the one they have is OK!! 😡 Emsisoft are one of the if not the most privacy based AV companies around - Maybe? it's at times a little more expensive as they don't make money selling all about you? I think that's worth a few £'s

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I'm happy to pay for an AV, and I do. I use F-Secure Safe currently, and I consider it good value.

I do NOT consider Emsisoft good value. Each to their own, I guess ! :)
Well please tell use how much you are paying for F Secure and then we can judge if its good value or not.

Everyone will have their own preferences as to what they think is good value and that's totally cool. What I may think is good value, is probably very much different that what everyone else here thinks is good value. For me I just try to caution people that AV companies are very good at marketing and just picking the one that has the most features/check marks on a box, doesn't really mean its better at security, or the best option for you, as the old saying goes, less is more. As always, people should take advantage of the trial periods of each product, use them for a while then make a decision. This doesn't cost you anything other than time, but at least it should help you get a sense of which one works for you and meets your needs best. Who knows it may surprise you and it may be the one with less features compared to the rest you tried.;)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I'd pay extra for Kaspersky if I lived in Japan.
Girl characters play an important role in Japan's sales strategy. I think the most enthusiastic about this trend is not the purchaser but the illustrator.:LOL:

Personally, I have the impression that famous and highly rated software such as Kaspersky pays for name value rather than performance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.