Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 closed beta started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What is new?

New multi-core optimized scan engine
The biggest change in Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a completely new and multi-core optimized scanning engine. As a result Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 is on average 450% faster than Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.1 when it comes to on-demand scans!

Direct disk access scan mode
The new scan engine features a special direct disk access mode. Using this direct disk access mode we are able to circumvent and detect all currently active file based rootkits.

Advanced caching mechanisms
Another feature of the new scan engine is an advanced caching mechanism. Emsisoft Anti-Malware is able to learn from the files on your system, recognizing files that are trustworthy and skipping them in future scans if they haven't changed. Due to this the performance impact of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware File Guard has been greatly reduced.

Drastically improved boot times
Due to several optimizations we made, we were able to drastically reduce the impact Emsisoft Anti-Malware has on the boot process.

Internal rating system to further reduce false positives on well known files
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 uses the information it gathers from various sources including the advanced cache to recognize and prevent false positives.

Entirely new license system
Quite a few of our customers thought the account based licensing system was a bit inconvenient. We took this criticism as motivation to switch Emsisoft Anti-Malware (and later all other Emsisoft products) over to a completely new key based licensing scheme. As a result you no longer need a special account to use Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Another feature of the new licensing scheme is a unique referral program that allows users to obtain or extend licenses by referring our products to friends and family.

As well as dozens of other small changes ...

When will it be out?

We expect a release within the next few months. If you can't wait that long: We started the closed beta test today. So if you speak English, know how to use Windows, have a curious nature, like to break and get insights into things, enjoy discussing matters with like-minded people and appreciate the opportunity to talk directly to all developers and have a real impact on the product, you may want to consider joining our Tester team.

We want your feedback!

Have you started or found a thread about EAM 6.0 in a different forum? Do you like or dislike a specific planned change? Do you have questions about one of the new features of EAM 6.0? Don't keep them to yourself. Share them with us! Either by simply replying here or via mail.

The screenshots are in the link in Emsisoft.
Emisisoft link

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
According to the developer of Emsisoft named Fabian Wosar

We are working on it. The new internal rating system is just the first step. It will greatly reduce the impace false positives have on everyday use machines.

Wilders Post #13

Hope they will reduce those FP.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I will try it out when I have my new laptop that will come in a few weeks ^^ Thanks for the info

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Surely if you are using 5.1 and version 6 was available, its suppose that product update will be download and install the latest product version available.

D

Deleted member 178

i think so too, like MBAM or Avast auto-update. if you want avoud any bugs, just do a clean installation.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
win7holic said:
if i use emsisoft anti-malware 5.1, can i update to v6? when v6 already FINAL?

Not sure about the Closed Beta versions, but you can test Beta versions from the Update settings.
To revert back to the stable release, uncheck the Install beta updates option.

Select the components to be taken into account for online updates by selecting or deselecting the check box for each desired option.
  • Install beta updates - Select this option only if you always want to use the latest, untested Beta versions of the program files. We recommend that only experienced users select this option, or when you are requested to do this for fault-finding purposes.
Emsisoft Knowledgebase

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I have been accepted as a BETA tester.... EMA is at build 6.0.0.18 and it's pretty stable right now.
Unfortunately I can't show you any screen shots since they have rule which doesn't allow that....but I can tell you that the UI , looks exactly like the one for EMA v.5 :)

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
Jack said:
I have been accepted as a BETA tester.... EMA is at build 6.0.0.18 and it's pretty stable right now.
Unfortunately I can't show you any screen shots since they have rule which doesn't allow that....but I can tell you that the UI , looks exactly like the one for EMA v.5 :)

I am also testing EAM V6.:) Works great with Comodo Firewall

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Online Armor++ have integrate the Emsisoft Anti Malware Engine for Antivirus/Antimalware Feature.

Link

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
When's the release date on 6? I've tried it out and it's so so so sooooo much faster with scanning. It's already the most thorough scanner I've come across.

D

Deleted member 178

jamescv7 said:
Online Armor++ have integrate the Emsisoft Anti Malware Engine for Antivirus/Antimalware Feature.

i know but i think is mention about v6 but not sure.

D

Deleted member 178

darkelixa said:
I know public beta is this week, so It cant be too far away

that is why i didnt have a answer about my application as a beta-tester :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.